• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McCain or Obama

41 Magnum

imported post

Like a friend of mine says-

I'm for McCain, and I don't like it one damn bit.

Seriously, McCain may not be anywhere near solid pro 2A(think McCain-Fiengold), but he's WWAAYYY out in front of Obama on this issue.

41 Magnum

imported post

Actually, I think Obama's WORSE than Hillary on the gun issue. Hillary still remembers what happened post AWB. Obama wasn't in the picture back then.

As for McCain, I'm not worried about what he'll push for, I'm just worried about what he'd sign if it came across his desk.

EDIT: Spelling.

ainokea

imported post

I am also in the same boat on this election. Both of these canidates IMO are too liberal. If I have to pick one it will definetly be McCain. I think we need another president like Regan. (someone who was not afraid to push the damn button) And the world knew it.

nuclear-bomb-badger.jpg

thx997303

imported post

Obama has stated that he believes that nobody should have a gun for anything but sporting purposes. And I think that he added the sporting purposes to cover his butt.

So, McCain is unfortunately the way to go.

colormered

imported post

Obama has stated that he doesn't think anyone should be allowed to own a gun. (The only way to enforce this is confiscation).

McCain proposed a bill that would effectively shut down all gun shows.

So, to reword the question, would you prefer a president that wants to take away all your gun rights, or one that only wants to take away some of them?

yo101jimmy

imported post

colormered wrote:
Obama has stated that he doesn't think anyone should be allowed to own a gun. (The only way to enforce this is confiscation).

So, to reword the question, would you prefer a president that wants to take away all your gun rights, or one that only wants to take away some of them?
We are damned no matter who gets in out of those 2

AS americans we need to not forget the other parties.
I will bet McCain will get into office but my vote is going to go to the best party and it might be a 3rd party!

thx997303

imported post

Eh, the other thing I've thought about was congress. With a Democratically controlled congress, you can bet that anything Obama wants to put through will go straight through.

Whereas McCain wont be able to do crap.

That's my view.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Like a friend of mine says-

I'm for McCain, and I don't like it one damn bit.

Seriously, McCain may not be anywhere near solid pro 2A(think McCain-Fiengold), but he's WWAAYYY out in front of Obama on this issue.
and virtually every other issue as well. does not make him an ideal candidate, but sometimes you get a choice between really awful and just mediocre. since you only get those two choices,I choose mediocre.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

colormered wrote:

Yea because this is definitely a one issue election. :quirky

Of course McCain is less anti-gun that Obama, but it's relative. It makes about as much sense as saying Christina Aguilara is less of a whore than Britney Spears. Obama may be openly anti-2A, but McCain is all about the NAU and that'll be the end to your entire constitution, never mind your gun rights. It's not a choice between really awful and mediocare, it's a choice between horrific and horrible.

swjr

imported post

GenkiSudo wrote:
Going to have to take the lesser of two evils on this one....McCain is my boy.

I am sick of Americans being "forced" into always voting for the lesser of two evils. I have heard this said SO MANY TIMES over the last three Presidential Elections.

When is the last time anyone voted for a candidate that they actually believed in?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
GenkiSudo wrote:
Going to have to take the lesser of two evils on this one....McCain is my boy.

I am sick of Americans being "forced" into always voting for the lesser of two evils.  I have heard this said SO MANY TIMES over the last three Presidential Elections. 

When is the last time anyone voted for a candidate that they actually believed in?

This "lesser of two evils" crap is the reason we're in this mess. Shame on all Americans who engage in this "partisan" bickering.

It's not up to a monarchial president to run the entire nation. But when we demand he does, his power becomes unlimited.