• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how much of the pistol has to be visible to be open carry?

scorpioajr

imported post

whenever I use to reach for my wallet, I always felt like i was freaking people out. Now i always hold it in my hand before i enter the store. Its not that cumbersome either. Kinda puts people "at ease". IMO

SLC-Vegan

imported post

I figured this was a similar question so I don't feel like i should start a new thread for it.
Do you need a CWP to carry a knife?

I am thinking of purchasing and carrying a sgian dubh whenever I wear a kilt. Just need to know if I have to wait until I get my CWP.

scorpioajr

imported post

SLC-Vegan wrote:
I figured this was a similar question so I don't feel like i should start a new thread for it.
Do you need a CWP to carry a knife?

I am thinking of purchasing and carrying a sgian dubh whenever I wear a kilt. Just need to know if I have to wait until I get my CWP.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

You're right.
I guess I don't need a sgian dubh. In a self-defense scenario I would just use my gun. That's what it is for! :lol:

thx997303

imported post

You aint scottish as well are ya?

Great! I love other Scots!

No, you definitely need one. Can't have a kilt without one my friend. The sporran too.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
You aint scottish as well are ya?

Great! I love other Scots!

No, you definitely need one. Can't have a kilt without one my friend. The sporran too.
I'm not a Scot.
I'm American by birth, by blood I'm Russian/Danish/English/Mohican
Kilts, however, are very warm and comfortable. They beat pants by a long shot.
hijack1.gif

P.S. I'm also having trouble finding a vegan sporran. I figure my revolver will suffice.

thx997303

imported post

Oh, yeah, not leather. Heh, not used to speaking to vegans. Wouldn't that mean you would not be able to use wool either?

Don't really know much about vegans.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

Yea. No wool.
...anyway...
This thread has gone further than being hijacked, it has been ABDUCTED!

thx997303

imported post

LOL, yeah it has. So what is the kilt made of if not wool? Being raised scottish, the wool was the only thing I've ever seen them made out of.

Maybe we should continue this via PM.

Oh, and yes Protectedby9mm, that is a sgian dubh.

Cool aint they?

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
...Cool aint they?
Probably wouldnt be such a bad iea to keep a knife handy for ones non-dominant side. If one DID have to hold onto ones sidearm due to weapon retention, at least one would have a fighting chance.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

I was just thinking how funny it would be to mow the lawn or go grocery shopping with an AK or AR on your back!

SLC-Vegan

imported post

Oh yes. I would even bleach my goatee and wear a suit to look just like uncle sam!