• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion

thx997303

imported post

That boy got lucky. Now if these people had followed a rule I follow, after 9 PM, always have the gun in hand behind my leg when I answer the door, and block the door with my foot.

All other times, it's on my side.

Sorry that happened to these people.

scorpioajr

imported post

"One of the men then put a gun to the neck of the 13-year-old. It went off, but the bullet missed the boy. After the gunshot, the men fled."

Wow. I mean: Wow.

First of all: I NEVER (with no extension of the truth) answer the door without my gun. Let me just say it one more time for 'effect'... I NEVER ANSWER THE DOOR WITHOUT MY GUN.

In my Nomadic life, I have read too many stories like this in many cities. No freakin' way. I swear i will always be on my guard for a home invasion. It is the most cowardice thing to do, invade ones home. No warning, no prep. Hell no.

I know i am turnin' up the pressure cooker a bit: but i seriously have though through this scenario way too many times. i REALLY want to prevent something like that form happening to me, inclusive of my homestead. I'm sure if something were to label me as obsessive, it really would be this. theres some truth for ya'll.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

swjr wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
"----I swear i will always be on my guard for a home invasion----
Can we move in with you?

Yea! We should have a large apartment building for OpenCarry members!
Imagine some criminal trying to bust in on all of us.
...we might have a hard time explaining to LEOs: "actually that was ONE person, we just shot him so many times that his remains are spread throughout four rooms."

thx997303

imported post

Yeah, either that or we should buy a neighborhood.

Put a sign at the entrance that says, Welcome to the safest neighborhood in the Country.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

"Neighbourhood militia in effect" instead of neighbourhood watch. I love it.