Thread: kimber ultra carry

Post imported post

are these pistols worth what they sell for?

Post imported post

sorry, i'm not familiar with them. kimber as a brand has a very very good reputation though. personally i carry Sig p229 chambered in 40S&W.

Post imported post

heavy wrote:
    are these pistols worth what they sell for?
    As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I have owned several Kimbers, and my current BUG is the Utra Carry CDP II with Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Are they worht what they sell for? I would say yes from the standpoint of the "mods" that are already standard on the gun. You could certainly buy a less expensive gun, and it would most likely serve you well, but if you started to add modifications to your gun, you would find that you fairly quickly had spent more than what the Kimber cost in the first place.

I do realize that there are folks who have had issues with their Kimbers (as with any other gun). I have put roughly 5000 rounds through mine without the first malfunction of any sort. I did follow the recommended break in procedure to the letter.

Its all in what you are comfortable with. If you are going to spend that kind of money, the Kimber Ultra is a great choice. Springfield Armory makes a great sub compact .45 for about the same money and it is also a great choice. Or you could pony up the big bucks and get the Wilson Combat sub compact for about twice the cost!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

Post imported post

Just picked one up this week. LOVE it. Feels great in the hand. Extremely accurate for a 3" barrel. Gotta love the punch of that .45ACP.

First thing I did was take those beautiful rosewood grips off and replace with a set of Hogue grips. Much more comfortable and doesn't slip.

Post imported post

Keep those grips. If you ever have to pawn or sell it because money gets tight (we all end up ther some time or another), keeping it original will keep the value up!

Post imported post

totally agree. Bought a Wilson 7 rd mag and keeping both the orig grips and orig mag.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I love my Ultra Carry II. It is my every day carry and is VERY accurate.. even with the laser off! I use HST's as my defence ammo. Kimber is used by the LA Swat Team.

A new pistol range (very elite) is going to open soon near me and a custom made /personalized Kimber 1911 is one of the "gifts" they give you with a founders membership.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

For those who live close to the border, the Armory in Va Beach has them on sale as low as $725. I fondled one, and for some reason it felt better than the larger Pro Carry II.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_s...product20.html
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.