• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me pick a pistol

unreconstructed1

imported post

Dustin wrote:
In case you just might be wondering, purposefully misspelling such a simple word as "the" just makes you look retarded.
obviously you've missedTHE couple of times that I have already explained, I just don't type very well... oh and givenTHE fact that you went completely out of you're way to go off topic to call me a retard , what does that make you look like?

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
SNIP: I just don't type very well
Perhaps, put you write just fine. :)

I'd also recommend one of the police-issue SIGs. They seem to meet all your criteria, have a good reputation for accuracy, and there's loads of aftermarket support.

unreconstructed1

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:

yeah, and that's the funny part about folks that make such a big deal out of my posts due to the "teh" "tehre" and "tehy" misspellings. after someone mentioning the term "Leet" in connection to the way I type I researched the term a little and found out what they were talking about. while I can understand the fact that they would connect the 2, in fact I post exactly as I speak. I would personally believe that someone should be able to realize once they see that I do not substitute numerical characters for letters and substitute teh letters KS for teh letter X that the realization would come to them that I'm not trying to be "l337" as those who practive the slang writing style refers to themselves.

anyway, let's get back on topic.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
Jim675 wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:

yeah, and that's the funny part about folks that make such a big deal out of my posts due to the "teh" "tehre" and "tehy" misspellings. after someone mentioning the term "Leet" in connection to the way I type I researched the term a little and found out what they were talking about. while I can understand the fact that they would connect the 2, in fact I post exactly as I speak. I would personally believe that someone should be able to realize once they see that I do not substitute numerical characters for letters and substitute teh letters KS for teh letter X that the realization would come to them that I'm not trying to be "l337" as those who practive the slang writing style refers to themselves.

anyway, let's get back on topic.
Yep, you suxor at the typage, have always seemed a good guy to me and need a Sig certified pre-owned (CPO) pistol :)

AbNo

imported post

Honestly? I'd say go with one of Dustin's 1911 suggestions (I carry a RIA 1911), one of the CZ recommendations, or a Taurus PT92 (a Beretta M9 clone carrying 17+1).

I haven't tried the CZs yet, but I hear great things about 'em all the time. I use a PT92 everytime I go to the range (range buddy owns one).

I'd say try an XD, but you specified a non-striker-fired pistol. :D

Dustin

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
Dustin wrote:
In case you just might be wondering, purposefully misspelling such a simple word as "the" just makes you look retarded.
obviously you've missedTHE couple of times that I have already explained, I just don't type very well... oh and givenTHE fact that you went completely out of you're way to go off topic to call me a retard , what does that make you look like?

An Educated person.

You might want to look back at my post, AGAIN.

3/4 of it is ON TOPIC !

Eitherway I'm not playing this game. I simple pointed out that you seem to be able to spell everything else correctly but were purposefully spelling "THE" incorrectly.

Now am I off topic or on topic being that you've now taking it OFF topic ?

Just kidding ;)

unreconstructed1

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Now am I off topic or on topic being that you've now taking it OFF topic ?

Just kidding ;)

well considering that I had to go off topic because of your off topic remark, and considering that when I asked you to get back on topic, which was off topic, you came back on topic with an off topic remark, I'd say..... what was the topic?.....

Oh yeah,

, I've decided to go with the ( see, now because of you I've developed spellcheck OCD) Rock Island 1911. One bad thing I have heard is that they don't have a drop safety. is this true? if so, is there any way to install one?

mperdue

imported post

HK Mark 23 if you dont mind the size and price. Its the only handgun designated by SOCOM as an offensive weapon.

I love mine, but its a little large for full time carry.