• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mistaken for LEO, alot.

wayradbrad

imported post

I am open carrying all the time now even though I have my ccw(Man it feels good) and am constantly mistaken for law enforcement. It's very odd, as I am not used to it. One lady even asked what department I was with. I guess I don't really see this as a problem but was wondering how often this happens to others.

DKB

imported post

Hasn't happened to me yet, the most attention I've ever received is.....hardly any at all. I actually CC most of the time just because I don't want to have to deal with any questions but when I do OC I get through my day much the same as if I was CCing.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No one says a word to me also. I have OC everywhere I go, even in a place that has NO GUNS ORWEAPONS posted, I walked around and still no one said a word to me. I guess people think I am some kind of LEO also, I kind of want someone to say something to me about my gunbecause I want to see how i will respond to it. Even with that being said, I am glad no one says anything to me about it, because it shows me mostpeople do not minda guy with a gun, and we are reaching out goal in showing people even good people carry guns also..

SANDCREEK

imported post

In response to anyone asking me if I am an LEO-(I'm 65) I will respond that "I am retired from the......(slight pause) a federal agency. Well.. it's a department of the federal governmentthat has a homeland security function.

Thismay very well bea factual response for many of us.Unfortunately such a response may reinforce the myth that only certain "elites" may OC, but it will get you past the"stuck on stupids" and able to carry on with your routine. If people"over-estimate" the number of LEO's out there - that's great ! I would think the LEO's would agree.

Beyond that I would inform them that in Colorado, as in the vast majority of states, thewearing of a holstered side-arm openly is lawful, and you should not assume that every armed citizen is a LEO. At the end of the day the public gets to see more armed citizens- a good thing.