• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Louisiana Member

Pro OC Cop

imported post

I found this site about a month ago while surfing the internet. As my username states, I am a Pro open carry cop from North Louisiana. Believe it or not, there are more of us out there than you think. The problem is that most of you have had problems from officers that try to interpret the laws asthey see fit or just simply don't know better. Also, the law training that we attend is usually taught by some liberal DA's assistant that refers to gun owners as wife beating rednecks and you can tell they don't believe in the individuals right to own guns, much less openly possess them.

Another problem with cops nowadays is the fact that many cops that are hired have never owned or handled a firearm prior to being hired. They were raised in homes with little or no exposure to firearms and are for the most part taught that firearms are bad. I have even heard stories about a major N. Louisiana PD's psychologist that will try to disqualify an applicant if, during the interview with them, it is discovered that they hunt or own guns. To me this is unacceptable.

I probably won't be on here very often, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. If I find time to answer them I will, but if not don't take it personal.

Also, please don't judge all cops based on the actions of a few. Most cops don't judge gunowners by the actions of the small percentage of gunowners that choose to break the law, so please don't judge us.

imported post

I'm tired, no, make that DAMNED tired of "law enforcement officers" claiming not all cops are bad. Nonsense. Here, let me school you.
When the prophet Stephen was stoned, Paul stood by, holding the cloaks of those who did the stoning. Later, he expressed remorse for having done so. Granted, he didn't cast the first stone, but he did nothing to stop it, either.
Same with cops. While you may not be the one casting stones, can you give me just ONE example of having stepped forward to stop a "bad" cop from doing anything? Or, after having done something wrong, did you ever testify AGAINST a "bad" cop?
I'd love to hear from you.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

To answer your question, yes I have testified in IA hearings against officers in the past, never in court though. Also, I have stepped in when officers have broke the law and reported it to supervisors. Most of the officers that I work with have done the same as well. Believe it or not, some of us still believe that an officers most valuable asset is integrity.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Welcome to the forums.

Do you mind stating where you are from ?

I got some family in Ruston.

:)
Thanks for the welcome.

I'd rather not say where I am from, but I will say that I am very familiar with Ruston.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Pro OC cop,
You, sir, are the exception to the rule. Congratulations. We could stand more of you down south where the rule of law is unheard of/igonored.

Mark,

I believe there are a whole lot more of us out there than you think. Unfortunately, it is always the bad ones that you read or hear about. It seems that noone wants to write or talk about the good experiences they have had with Law Enforcement.

sraacke

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Pro OC Cop wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'd rather not say where I am from, but I will say that I am very familiar with Ruston.

Well, uh , ok ....

Not sure how you expect to be friendly if you won't even tell us where your from :?
Cut him a bit of slack. I can understand why someone may wishwish to keep their identity private. I've had coworkers and supervisors discover postsI wrote on other internet forums.These have sometimescaused me problems at work. Since I don't want to havethat happen again I have decided that on this forum I will keep some things vague. I welcome Pro OC Cop to the board and look forward to reading his viewpoint.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Welcome, Pro OC Cop.

I know what you mean. I am in/around Shreveport, and am lucky to have so many decent cops in the area. I do prefer the CPSO to the SPD, though. Our Sheriff signs off on Form 7s for class 3 stuff without a problem, and I spent weekend before last shooting ARs with a SPD Sergent and officer, as well as a man from the DA's office.

I open carry every day in Shreveport, often right in front of cops deputies, and have never had the first bit of trouble, not asked to leave or cover my weapon or anything.

Anyway, check out http://louisianacarry.org, and if you are ever over this way, you are welcome to be my guest at Long Range Alley, drop me a line, my # is 877 LA CARRY.

Welcome again.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

Thanks for the welcome! I am beginning to realize that there is a world of difference between North Louisiana and South Louisiana cops. I heard stories from LSP guys that were sent to NO after the hurricanes that made me question the officers down that way. At first I couldn't believe some of the stories that these guys were telling me, but I heard way too many similar stories from other guys that were sent down there to not believe them. I am considered a very pro-active cop, but I couldn't imagine doing some of the things that I heard about taking place down there. I thought that a lot of it had to do with the stress that these guys were under day in and day out. I will admit that every officer has their bad days, but that doesn't give them the right to violate the rights of innocent citizens. Again, I don't believe that they are all like this, but it only takes a few to ruin the reputation of the whole bunch.

Pro OC Cop

imported post

Yes Mark, I consider a cop that that has knowledge of another cop doing wrong and does nothing a bad cop as well. If you are referring to the LSP guys witnessing some of the alleged events in NO, many of these guys are (the last I heard) still in the middle of ongoing investigations regarding the incidents that they reported.

I joined this forum because I believe in the individuals right to own and bear arms, including the right to open carry. I apologize to you on behalf of the cops that think along the same lines as I do for what happened to you, but I refuse to sit here and debate good cop versus bad cop with you. Myself and many other cops have had problem with other cops as well, because we reported to our supervisors wrong doings of other officers. It is a very scary feeling when you are on a call and end up in a fight for your life and the officer that is supposed to respond as your backup takes their time to get there because of past problems with that officer or one of their buddies. (In most cases, these rogue cops don't last long before they are fired, but, in most cases, there are always smaller PD's that will hire them as soon as they are fired.)

When I joined this forum, I could have easily not mentioned that I am a cop and noone would have known any different. However, I wanted to let each of you know that there are officers out there that stand behind what yall are doing. Unfortunately, because of policy and procedure,I am denied my rightto open carry without having my badge clearly displayed next to my handgun. Instead, I choose to CC so that I don't let every Joe Thug know that I am a cop while out in public. When the time comes for me to part ways with Law Enforcement, I assure you I will be open carrying just like the rest of you.

Yrdawg

imported post

Pro OC Cop wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! I am beginning to realize that there is a world of difference between North Louisiana and South Louisiana cops. I heard stories from LSP guys that were sent to NO after the hurricanes that made me question the officers down that way. At first I couldn't believe some of the stories that these guys were telling me, but I heard way too many similar stories from other guys that were sent down there to not believe them. I am considered a very pro-active cop, but I couldn't imagine doing some of the things that I heard about taking place down there. I thought that a lot of it had to do with the stress that these guys were under day in and day out. I will admit that every officer has their bad days, but that doesn't give them the right to violate the rights of innocent citizens. Again, I don't believe that they are all like this, but it only takes a few to ruin the reputation of the whole bunch.

Oh Lawdy...pls seperate the NO po po from the SW side PO PO.....LOL

We had a little blow over here called Rita right after the big flush chain was pulled on NO.......we had a few people mishandled but those were for the by and large by outta town cops and National Guard

While I'm not much of a love fest with the Po Po kinda guy, you sound ok.

Just got here myself last week.

imported post

Okay, now when a cop violates the very laws he swore an oath to uphold and defend, what do you do?
Let me save you some thinking.
The chief refuses to arrest his own officer.
The sheriff refuses to even investigate.
The grand jury foreperson very rudely refuses to allow you before the grand jury.
The feds refuse to investigate the blatant violation of federal law.
The state police refuse to investigate.

Suggestions?

Dustin

imported post

Pro OC Cop wrote:
Yes Mark, I consider a cop that that has knowledge of another cop doing wrong and does nothing a bad cop as well. If you are referring to the LSP guys witnessing some of the alleged events in NO, many of these guys are (the last I heard) still in the middle of ongoing investigations regarding the incidents that they reported.

I joined this forum because I believe in the individuals right to own and bear arms, including the right to open carry. I apologize to you on behalf of the cops that think along the same lines as I do for what happened to you, but I refuse to sit here and debate good cop versus bad cop with you. Myself and many other cops have had problem with other cops as well, because we reported to our supervisors wrong doings of other officers. It is a very scary feeling when you are on a call and end up in a fight for your life and the officer that is supposed to respond as your backup takes their time to get there because of past problems with that officer or one of their buddies. (In most cases, these rogue cops don't last long before they are fired, but, in most cases, there are always smaller PD's that will hire them as soon as they are fired.)

When I joined this forum, I could have easily not mentioned that I am a cop and noone would have known any different. However, I wanted to let each of you know that there are officers out there that stand behind what yall are doing. Unfortunately, because of policy and procedure,I am denied my rightto open carry without having my badge clearly displayed next to my handgun. Instead, I choose to CC so that I don't let every Joe Thug know that I am a cop while out in public. When the time comes for me to part ways with Law Enforcement, I assure you I will be open carrying just like the rest of you.

I know a few LSP's that have no problem with folks OCing.

More than once I've heard them say that if they pull someone over who is OCing, (Depending on the appearence & situation) they won't even ask that the driver to remove the weapon.

I know there are LEO's out there who are bound by the shield, but Mark does have a point.

IMO, every cop like you should be beating the grindstone at these rogue COPS, day in and day out, b/c the day you stop trying to put the Rogue Cops behind bars, is the day you've made yourself equal to them. There is no excuse for this.

And If this is what your doing than Awesome, if it's not, well then, your not doing what your getting paid to do.

I think that is the point Mark is trying to make. :?

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to the forum; your expressed sentiments are refreshing.

It's going to take you some doing to get on Mark's good side, as he was the victim of a major rights violationand recently concluded a lawsuit in which he received an undisclosed sum from the Gonzales PD for his troubles.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/12851.html has the final part of the story; you'll have to poke around for the beginning. It made quite a splash on many national forums.