• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Louisiana Member

Pro OC Cop

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Welcome to the forum; your expressed sentiments are refreshing.

It's going to take you some doing to get on Mark's good side, as he was the victim of a major rights violationand recently concluded a lawsuit in which he received an undisclosed sum from the Gonzales PD for his troubles.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/12851.html has the final part of the story; you'll have to poke around for the beginning. It made quite a splash on many national forums.

Thanks for the welcome!

I can understand Mark's distrust for Law Enforcement. If I don't get on Mark's good side, so be it. I joined this forum because I believe that we all share a common goal and I also want to let everyone know that there are cops out there that appreciate whatyall are doing. During my time in LE I have had numerous attempts by the bad guy to pull a gun on me and have had shots fired at me, but I don't hold this against the majority of the gun owners out there,andIdon't believe that situations like Marks's should be held against all cops out there either.

I read this forum for a while before I finally decided to join and post and picked up on many anti-LE members. As I mentioned earlier, I could have easily not mentioned that I am LE and noone would have known. However, I felt that it needed to be pointed out that not all cops are like the ones that some of yall have experienced. I have never encountered anyone OCing, but I would treat them just like anyone I have encountered that are legally CCing. I have had one incident where an armed citizen helped me out one night. I had initiated a trafic stop on a vehicle travelling 90 in a 30 and they tried to get away. They attempted to make a turn onto a side road at a high rate of speed and crashed into a ditch. A guy passing buy witnessed the accident and stopped to watch. I, along with my partner,was attempting to get the driver in cuffs when a crowd came from around the corner and attempted to take the driver away from us. While trying to keep control of the driver, the armed citizen advised me that he was armed and asked if there was anything that he could do. At this point I had members of the crowd coming at me with everything from bare hands to large sticks. I told the citizen that if anyone attempted to hit me with a stick to shoot them if he had to. Between him and I and the other officer with me, we managed to get the driver back to my unit and hold them off until back up arrived. I was hoping to get the chance to thank this guy, but after we had control of the situation, he went to his car and left. I feel that if he wouldn't have been there, things would have probably went downhill pretty quick.

tmlowe

imported post

You have a great attitude and I think you are an asset to the LEO community. Welcome.

italianboy

imported post

Pro,

I respect the heck out of you my friend! I 100% agree with you are here. I have been told that police officers can be more tolerate and more acceptable to people who have CC permits. I guess I would to if I were a PO, after all at least I would know that person would have gone thru a criminal background check before getting his/her permit.

That does not mean that Legal CC persons do not commit crimes or break the law, but if given a choice I'd no doubt choose the CC citizen, (which does not need to be said).

Good to know we have people like you out there! If you are from North La, who knows we may cross paths one day!

Good luck!

Dustin

imported post

italianboy wrote:
Pro,

I respect the heck out of you my friend! I 100% agree with you are here. I have been told that police officers can be more tolerate and more acceptable to people who have CC permits. I guess I would to if I were a PO, after all at least I would know that person would have gone thru a criminal background check before getting his/her permit.

That does not mean that Legal CC persons do not commit crimes or break the law, but if given a choice I'd no doubt choose the CC citizen, (which does not need to be said).

Good to know we have people like you out there! If you are from North La, who knows we may cross paths one day!

Good luck!

If the Bill of RIGHTS could only be expressed with a Permit, would you stand in line for your Freedom of Speech permit ? or Freedom of Religion Permit ?

No, you wouldn't.

The very sight of a normal citizen carrying a firearm correctly and OPENLY, should make an LEO MORE COMFORTABLE than Not knowing whether or not that person has a gun. How many Criminals Open Carry before a crime ?