• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A resolutions in 82 Illinois counties

Anubis

imported post

I understand that Illinois politics is controlled by Daley and the Cook County machine. Is there any significance, then, in the fact that 82 of 102 Illinois counties has passed pro-2A resolutions? Will the resolutions lead to accomplishing change?

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I certainly hope so.

State politics is a big mess. The state republican party is a disaster as they have degraded themselves into a lite version of democrats and further destroyed themselves by political corruption. Republican voters are never thrilled about voting for crooks, but that does not seem to bother democratic voters.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do you have any links to the information about the which 82 counties and the nature of the resolutions? I knew that many were discussing such resolutions but did not realize that so many had already taken affirmative actions on the matter.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for those links Anubis! I was aware of the first few passages back in April-May 2007 but didn't realize it had gained so much momentum. I'm really not surprised by the map.

So far the population centers have voted it down or haven't voted on it. IL is interesting in that Chicago and its suburbs have enough legislators to out vote the rest of the state in the House and Senate. At least one of DuPage, Will or Lake would be needed I would think, perhaps more than one, to force action in the legislature and I am pessimistic about how realistic that would be.

I'm surprised that Rock Island County voted against it as I thought there were firearm manufactures and/or distributors there who had threatened to move to Iowa if some of those bills were passed. Perhaps I misremember. Of course nearby Henry County voted for it as Springfield Armory located in the county is a major employer.

There is a lot of analysis that could be done with the voting trend thus far, especially if one had the numbers on the vote outcomes in each county. I wonder how close the votes have been. Really though, all of that is an academic pursuit I think if they can't get at least one or more of those northeast counties.

trailblazer2003

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I'm surprised that Rock Island County voted against it as I thought there were firearm manufactures and/or distributors there who had threatened to move to Iowa if some of those bills were passed. Perhaps I misremember. Of course nearby Henry County voted for it as Springfield Armory located in the county is a major employer.
From what I have previously read from Illinoiscarry.com, some of the non-passing counties stated that the resolution was not county business. Therefore the resolutions never passed inital sub-committees.

Johnyt101

imported post

Will County is having a hearing on the resolution Oct 2nd at 10am. Any one who can go should! Will county would be a huge victory. Oct 2nd is also the final hearing in Lombard about Gun World. Hopefully both will turn out in our favor.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
That was Les Baer and he did move to Iowa lock, stock and barrel.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1837832/posts

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

Yata hey
Ah yes. Thank you for filling in my memory gap, grapeshot!!

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

Yata hey
Ah yes. Thank you for filling in my memory gap, grapeshot!!
Rock Island County brought the issue back and passed it!

trailblazer2003

imported post

Just looked it up on their website.

"Mr. Moustis stated a map was distributed regarding a resolution in support of the Second
Amendment; 85 of the counties in Illinois have passed this. It is not something we need to push
through
. We will bring it back to the next meeting to see if this committee wants to bring it to the
full county board.
A motion was made by Mr. Brandolino, second by Mrs. Woods, to place this on the
agenda for the October executive committee meeting. All in favor. MOTION CARRIES."

The wait continues. Guess we can see how they really feal.

junglebob

imported post

Parabellum,The Will County Executive has passed the resolution on th the Legislative Committee , that will have the resolution on its agenda Tuesday October 14, 2008 at 10:30 am , 302 N. Chicago St. County Board Room, Second Floor, Joliet, Il 60432. Supporters of the Pro2A resolution are urged to attend.

86 counties have now passed it.

Big Chris

imported post

we probably won't see any more action right now until after the election.

Also it is my understanding that Lake County truly hasn't yet put it on their agenda and have been pretty much ignoring their citIzens.

KBCraig

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
More than 85% of counties supporting 2A and the legislature, controlled by Cook county and its suburbs, continues to ignore their will.
Cook County, if you add DuPage, Lake, and McHenry counties, constitute well more than 50% of the Illinois population. About 57%, by my guesstimate.