Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-State OC meet

Post imported post

Cougfan2 (Oregon) and I have been discussing the possibility of a tri-state OC meet We thought that somewhere south central WA or north central OR would be the most central location for all three states. Input from everyone would be most helpful.

Washington State Parks - South Central Region
    http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/southcentral.asp

(edit)
    Locations suggested:
    MaryHill
    PotHoles

Post imported post

I would be up for that ,When were you thinking .There more we could gather at one of these events the better.

Post imported post

It was my understanding that OC in Oregon was somewhat difficult, perhaps that is just my lack of information but don't you have to be unloaded in OR while OC? Obviously I am fairly biased so my vote is here in WA.

Post imported post

Loaded OC is fine in most of Oregon. State preemption only covers permit holders. There are a few cities that have loaded firearm bans, but most places in Oregon have no such restrictions.

Post imported post

we're looking at Washington as the host state since it seems to be more OC friendly (except for vehicles).

Post imported post

So, I'm thinking Kennewick would be awesome since Dave the Welder lives there.

I visited him and met steelcoreap (and his father) and we got together with some other gents and went shooting at a place not too far from his house. It's an outstanding little bowl with about 400 yards to safely shoot and a backdrop of the Columbia River down the hill.

Check out the pics (and videos) from my trip out there (took 4 hours to drive there from Edmonds): http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...008/?start=all
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

having a place to shoot would be even better but I would expect to see 100+ people coming and we were looing for a campground that would accomodate a group that large.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    having a place to shoot would be even better but I would expect to see 100+ people coming and we were looing for a campground that would accomodate a group that large.
    Well, that rules out Kennewick, since the one state park listed near there is Sacajawea and it allows no overnight camping. But there may be county or city parks in the area that do allow it.

I was fortunate enought to have Dave the Welder allow me to camp out in his backyard, but I certainly wouldn't expect him to allow or be able to handle 100+ people camping out there. Though, his property would be the most well-guarded in the county (save for the Hanford Nuclear Reservation).
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'd of course have to say I'd be partial to Kennewick too

Wherever ya pick, it should have windy roads leading there so my motorcycle enjoys the trip!

Post imported post

Keenewick sounds good.When would this take place.

Post imported post

Heres another thought.Mt daughters in laws own a lodge ,motel ,restuarant and lounge in Randle Wa.Huge hunting area out there.One of their neighbors /regulars lets me shoot on his property across the street.Beautiful place.If not for a tri state but I wastalking with them for something for the west side anyway.Last time I stayed ,got up sunday morning had breakfast(Awsome chow) walked across the street where this fellow already had targets set up for me .Beautiful out there.Just an Idea maybe more sutible for a smaller gathering.

Post imported post

Lounge ...

Post imported post

Post imported post

Motel.........also room for rv hook up

Post imported post

Resturant

All of the content of this website is owned by Tall Timber Restuarant, Lounge, Motel © 2008

Post imported post

Tall Timber Lounge

Covered outdoor beer garden, no-smoking side

Watch the game on our big screen

Test your skills on our pool table

Covered outdoor beer garden, smoking side

Shake your boots on the dance floor

All of the content of this website is owned by Tall Timber Restuarant, Lounge, Motel © 2008

Post imported post

The Tri-Cities sounds good to me too!

Post imported post

I'd say Kennewick. We have a city park right on the Columbia river where you can camp. The shooting places are nice, and we have access to ranges out to a mile. Those who attended my bi-annual shooting event can attest to the pretty area, and to the great instruction that we all received on the range from some local firearms experts.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    I'd say Kennewick. We have a city park right on the Columbia river where you can camp. The shooting places are nice, and we have access to ranges out to a mile. Those who attended my bi-annual shooting event can attest to the pretty area, and to the great instruction that we all received on the range from some local firearms experts.
    I'll +1 and attest to that.

The area (as you can see in my pictures above through the link in my post) is gorgeous and the two gentlemen that gave us instruction were top-notch and well-qualified... and it's hard to beat "free" as a cost.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'd vote Kennewick. Maybe before the start of the school year?

Post imported post

Oh man, I would LOVE to have something like that in this area.

It was my understanding that OC in Oregon was somewhat difficult, perhaps that is just my lack of information but don't you have to be unloaded in OR while OC? Obviously I am fairly biased so my vote is here in WA.
    I OC all the time and have never been hassled. The only time was actually in WA at the DOL. Gotta stick up for my state.

Post imported post

neddis wrote:
    Oh man, I would LOVE to have something like that in this area.

I OC all the time and have never been hassled. The only time was actually in WA at the DOL. Gotta stick up for my state.
    As a Washington resident I, at least until an out of state CPL is aquired, only have OC available to mein Oregon. Been doing it for like 6 or7 years and never a problem. Of course, I avoid Portland like the plague.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    I'd say Kennewick. We have a city park right on the Columbia river where you can camp.
    Dave what is the name of this park? Is it....
    Lake Wallula, Kennewick Washington Along the shore of the Lake Wallula in Kennewick, you can find the Columbia Park. This park is around 609 acres in size, and has both fishing and water-skiing facilities. Other entertainments that can be enjoyed at the Columbia Park are golf, tennis, camping, nature walks, picnics and cycling.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Hi all! I am the one who started all this hoopla with M1gunr (actually he broached the initial idea and I became a willing co-conspirator). South Central WA sounds good. M1 and I have talked about Potholes or Maryhill state parks as both have camping available and other activities nearby, but I will defer to you folks in WA that know your park system far better than I. A place with close by accessible shooting would obviously be desireable.

I would suggest we shoot for the Spring. Maybe sometime after Memorial Day when the weather is decent for camping and not too bloody cold.

What say you all?

Post imported post

Jim675 wrote:
    I'd vote Kennewick. Maybe before the start of the school year?
    The problem with that is that the start of the school year here at WSU is in two weeks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast