• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-State OC meet

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Cougfan2 (Oregon) and I have been discussing the possibility of a tri-state OC meet We thought that somewhere south central WA or north central OR would be the most central location for all three states. Input from everyone would be most helpful.

Washington State Parks - South Central Region
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/southcentral.asp

(edit)
Locations suggested:
MaryHill
PotHoles

DEROS72

imported post

I would be up for that ,When were you thinking .There more we could gather at one of these events the better.

Shy_Panda

imported post

It was my understanding that OC in Oregon was somewhat difficult, perhaps that is just my lack of information but don't you have to be unloaded in OR while OC? Obviously I am fairly biased so my vote is here in WA.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Loaded OC is fine in most of Oregon. State preemption only covers permit holders. There are a few cities that have loaded firearm bans, but most places in Oregon have no such restrictions.

just_a_car

imported post

So, I'm thinking Kennewick would be awesome since Dave the Welder lives there.

I visited him and met steelcoreap (and his father) and we got together with some other gents and went shooting at a place not too far from his house. It's an outstanding little bowl with about 400 yards to safely shoot and a backdrop of the Columbia River down the hill.

Check out the pics (and videos) from my trip out there (took 4 hours to drive there from Edmonds): http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/just_a_car/Shootout2008/?start=all

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

having a place to shoot would be even better but I would expect to see 100+ people coming and we were looing for a campground that would accomodate a group that large.

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
having a place to shoot would be even better but I would expect to see 100+ people coming and we were looing for a campground that would accomodate a group that large.
Well, that rules out Kennewick, since the one state park listed near there is Sacajawea and it allows no overnight camping. But there may be county or city parks in the area that do allow it.

I was fortunate enought to have Dave the Welder allow me to camp out in his backyard, but I certainly wouldn't expect him to allow or be able to handle 100+ people camping out there. Though, his property would be the most well-guarded in the county (save for the Hanford Nuclear Reservation).

Riverdog

imported post

I'd of course have to say I'd be partial to Kennewick too ;)

Wherever ya pick, it should have windy roads leading there so my motorcycle enjoys the trip!

DEROS72

imported post

Heres another thought.Mt daughters in laws own a lodge ,motel ,restuarant and lounge in Randle Wa.Huge hunting area out there.One of their neighbors /regulars lets me shoot on his property across the street.Beautiful place.If not for a tri state but I wastalking with them for something for the west side anyway.Last time I stayed ,got up sunday morning had breakfast(Awsome chow) walked across the street where this fellow already had targets set up for me .Beautiful out there.Just an Idea maybe more sutible for a smaller gathering.

DEROS72

imported post

Resturant

[align=center]
restaurant02.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
restaurant03.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
restaurant04.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]All of the content of this website is owned by Tall Timber Restuarant, Lounge, Motel © 2008[/align]

DEROS72

imported post

[align=center]
lounge02.jpg

Tall Timber Lounge [/align]

[align=center]
lounge03.jpg

Covered outdoor beer garden, no-smoking side[/align]

[align=center]
lounge04.jpg

Watch the game on our big screen [/align]

[align=center]
lounge05.jpg

Test your skills on our pool table [/align]

[align=center]
lounge06.jpg

Covered outdoor beer garden, smoking side [/align]

[align=center]
lounge07.jpg

Shake your boots on the dance floor [/align]

[align=center]All of the content of this website is owned by Tall Timber Restuarant, Lounge, Motel © 2008
[/align]

Dave The Welder

imported post

I'd say Kennewick. We have a city park right on the Columbia river where you can camp. The shooting places are nice, and we have access to ranges out to a mile. Those who attended my bi-annual shooting event can attest to the pretty area, and to the great instruction that we all received on the range from some local firearms experts.

just_a_car

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
I'd say Kennewick. We have a city park right on the Columbia river where you can camp. The shooting places are nice, and we have access to ranges out to a mile. Those who attended my bi-annual shooting event can attest to the pretty area, and to the great instruction that we all received on the range from some local firearms experts.
I'll +1 and attest to that.

The area (as you can see in my pictures above through the link in my post) is gorgeous and the two gentlemen that gave us instruction were top-notch and well-qualified... and it's hard to beat "free" as a cost.