• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-State OC meet

Dave The Welder

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I don't think the tri-cities meets enough of your requirements other than shooting area. You pretty much eliminated everything east of the mountains except Spokane and it sucks for centrally located.
The Tri-Cities is about 4 hours away from Boise, ID; Seattle, WA; and Salem, OR. That seems centrally located too me. Granted, it places the majority of OCers (Seattle area) 4 hours away, but if we move it any closer to Seattle, we start giving Idaho people a long drive time. I'd like to see Saint and the other Idaho OCers make it. About the only thing that we're still working on with the Tri-Cities location is the campground situation

Riverdog

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I don't think the tri-cities meets enough of your requirements other than shooting area. You pretty much eliminated everything east of the mountains except Spokane and it sucks for centrally located.

I don't think media interest or lack there of should be a consideration. But hey do whatever you want, I've lost interest in attending.
As we're obviously in the extremely early stages of planning something here, what are you personally looking to (for lack of a better phrasing) "get out of" a gathering such as this? I'm just curious as you've apparently already written it off by page 2.

Personally, as an engineer type, I like to implement the decision analysis and resolution (DAR) process to take the emotion out of decisions. I do tend to put a bit too much thought behind things sometimes, though ;) But at any rate, if Tri-Cities isn't the right spot, what is? If we don't care about media coverage, what are the criteria? I'm cool with picking a nice spot up on the North Cascade highway just so I can get some nice riding in.

Shy_Panda

imported post

I think it is a little too far west, seeing as how I'm a poor college student Tri-Cities pretty much rules me out and I doubt that you will get anyone from ID to drive that far over unless you make it well worth their time. Wherever you decide to hold this shindig I hope all goes well but I am just going to have to wait until school starts up before I get a whole lot of people to go OCin' with me around town.

t3rmin

imported post

Unfortunately, making it a multi-state meet will by default exclude many people who can't travel. That's just kinda the nature of this sort of thing. It's not all bad -- there's still local meets.

Hopefully scheduling it enough in advance will enable the maximum amount of people to make arrangements. I don't think we should do it this year...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I think the following info will eliminate the central location debacle to Kennewick from:

Pendleton 68mi
Portland 215 mi
Salem 264 mi
Bend 248mi
Medford 486mi
*Roseburg 391mi
*North Bend 433 mi
*Klamath Falls 383mi

Lewiston 133mi
Coeur D' Alane 174mi
Boise 289mi
Twin Falls 414mi

Pullman 138mi
Spokane 140mi
Shelton 287mi
Olympia 265mi
Tacoma 239mi
Bremerton 270mi
Seattle 255mi
Lynnwood 238mi
Everett 247mi
Bellingham 307mi
Vancouver 218mi

edit: * more Oregon cities added

phoneguy

imported post

Sounds good to me. I have room for one person in my car and have room for camping gear. PM me If your interested I
am from the Everett area.

boom

imported post

It seems like access to a place to shoot close-by may be harder to come by at some of these state parks....That would be the challenge, I believe.

Hopefully any suggestions will be accompanied by links so we can all check these places out. If we are talking about springtime, thats great. Plenty of research time.

Edit: Since Dave and Riverdog are hosting (kinda tentatively), does that mean they get to provide all the ammo?

Put me down for a case eachof .45 acp and 12 gauge sport shells, for now.

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
I think the following info will eliminate the central location debacle to Kennewick from:

Pendleton 68mi
Portland 215 mi
Salem 264 mi
Bend 248mi
Medford 486mi

Lewiston 133mi
Coeur D' Alane 174mi
Boise 289mi
Twin Falls 414mi

Pullman 138mi
Spokane 140mi
Shelton 287mi
Olympia 265mi
Tacoma 239mi
Bremerton 270mi
Seattle 255mi
Lynnwood 238mi
Everett 247mi
Bellingham 307mi
Vancouver 218mi
You skip anywhere south of Bend which is only half way down the state. Roseburg, K. Falls, Medford or North Bend.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
I think it is a little too far west, seeing as how I'm a poor college student Tri-Cities pretty much rules me out and I doubt that you will get anyone from ID to drive that far over unless you make it well worth their time. Wherever you decide to hold this shindig I hope all goes well but I am just going to have to wait until school starts up before I get a whole lot of people to go OCin' with me around town.
If we did do something like this, it would be wise to caravan and pack every car to capacity to save on gas. Long gone are the days when you could travel by yourself across multiple states cheaply (unless you own a motorcycle or hybrid).

just_a_car

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Shy_Panda wrote:
If we did do something like this, it would be wise to caravan and pack every car to capacity to save on gas. Long gone are the days when you could travel by yourself across multiple states cheaply (unless you own a motorcycle or hybrid).
...or a 17 year old subcompact. Yano, like my 1991 Honda Civic CRX Si that gets 32-35 MPG average and around 38-40 MPG highway (Never, ever recorded less than 30 MPG). That's what I used to get there when I visited, but I sure wouldn't want to take it out to the shooting area; it'd never survive the bumps and holes.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Lets see diesel 4x4 diesel suburban 3/4 ton 40 gal fuel capacity.....

Cost to fill. $180.00

Cruise range 840 miles

Seeing friends with guns PRICELESS.........

jarhead1911A

imported post

Lets see 4x4 diesel suburban 3/4 ton 40 gal fuel capacity.....

Cost to fill. $180.00

Cruise range 840 miles

Dave The Welder

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Lets see diesel 4x4 diesel suburban 3/4 ton 40 gal fuel capacity.....

Cost to fill. $180.00

Cruise range 840 miles

:celebrate I couldn't agree more, as the Spokane OCers know from how many times I've been up there to visit them

Shy_Panda

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
:celebrate I couldn't agree more, as the Spokane OCers know from how many times I've been up there to visit them
Despite the fact that I have yet to see you up in spokane, I think that your comment sold me... stupid guilt. You and surf are horrible friends, always getting me to do things that I should be doing anyways.:p

David.Car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Despite the fact that I have yet to see you up in spokane, I think that your comment sold me... stupid guilt. You and surf are horrible friends, always getting me to do things that I should be doing anyways.:p
In hopes of this still moving along *BUMP*

Anyways, I know there are quite a few carriers here in Spokane, I wouldn't think it wouldbe that hard to work out a car pool.

Note to Dave the Welder: I hope you still have my email and will be sending a notice in advance about when your next shooting extravaganza will be.

Dave The Welder

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Note to Dave the Welder: I hope you still have my email and will be sending a notice in advance about when your next shooting extravaganza will be.
You're going to have toPM me your email. I'm not sure where I placed it.

colt45ws

imported post

Im interested. If its in tri-cities that isnt nothing for me, Im in Moses Lake. I can't OC but I could still attend and go shoot the USP. ;) Unless this happens after April 27, 2009. *hint*:p