• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-State OC meet

FrayedString

imported post

Excellent. Now we just need to select a specific campground area, and hopefully get some members from OR and ID to commit to joining us - otherwise it won't be a tri state meetup!

Can someone who is familiar with our options post some information on specific sites in the area that can accomodate us? Sadly despite growing up in the area, I don't have that information myself..

FMCDH

imported post

I can scope out the area with Google earth to get a general idea, and post pictures of possibilities. All I need is a general idea of where the campgrounds are located and I can start zooming in with the satellite photos.

Tekman

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
I can scope out the area with Google earth to get a general idea, and post pictures of possibilities. All I need is a general idea of where the campgrounds are located and I can start zooming in with the satellite photos.

*cough* resident *cough* ;)

FMCDH

imported post

Tekman wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
*cough* resident *cough* ;)
Ok smarty, I was more thinking for the OTHER people who cant walk across the street who might like to get a visual of the area. :p

Tekman

imported post

*cough* digital camera *cough* ;)

edit: Actually the satillite idea is a good one. If you want a more specific idea of park/campground conditions, rules, layout then I'm your man.

CaptainAttila

imported post

FrayedString wrote:
I don't think a date has been decided yet.

I'll nominate the weekend of July 18,19 or July 25,26 in the Tri Cities area. Either of those weekends should be far enough out to give most people enough time to request time off from work or whatnot, but still close enough to the present to be on peoples mind..

Other opinions?
July 25/26 being the weekend of Water Follies, the campground situation might be a bit sticky, and the odds of getting media attention would be a bit low. OTOH, there's a lot of stuff going on in town, so the fun quotient would be pretty high for anyone having to travel.

Either way, I'm in.

FrayedString

imported post

CaptainAttila wrote:
July 25/26 being the weekend of Water Follies, the campground situation might be a bit sticky, and the odds of getting media attention would be a bit low. OTOH, there's a lot of stuff going on in town, so the fun quotient would be pretty high for anyone having to travel.

Either way, I'm in.

This is what we get for letting an out-of-towner (me) suggest the time and place. Argh! :)

FrayedString

imported post

Tekman wrote:
Aug 1-2 the campgrounds will likely be deserted.

I'd be fine with that. But really any weekend is good for me, my schedule is pretty open.

How do other people feel? Do we want to try and contend with the crowd of people in town for the hydroplane races? Although, some people might enjoy being able to go see the races. I haven't seen them in years, but they were pretty neat as I recall.

For those unfamiliar with the annual event:
http://www.waterfollies.com/

kenny31

imported post

We're rapidly approaching a point where this gets bumped to the next year if we don't act. August 1-2 was the last date mentioned. My schedule is pretty flexible. Any recommendations for a campground from people familiar with the area?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I haven't heard back from anyone in Idaho or Oregon on this event. I would gladly pick a date and say here it is, come if you are able.....

DEROS72

imported post

First or second week of August would be good.We have events set for June 27th and July 18th already.Would be great if some of you guys could make it over for one of those.

phoneguy

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
My vote is for Sacajawea State Park in Kennewick
First weekend in Aug. Sounds good to me. Lets go for it.