• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LCP

thess416

imported post

I'm currious to know if anyone here carries a Ruger LCP. I'm thinking about getting one for concealed carry and would like to know what others think of the gun.

rangerdavid

imported post

i just watched a video of a trial of this gun on down range TV. you should checj it out!

they're supposed to be great little guns.......

swoolard

imported post

Historically speaking, Ruger has made good firearms. Their price is low because of their manufacturing techniques. While some might argue that it's of lesser quality, time has shown that they make a very good gun--just a little heavy--the P90.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I don't like it. I've already explained why. Please check the forum before you post a topic, since this topic has been discussed multiple times. Look in the "Selecting a Handgun" section, as that is where posts such as this should be found.

ballydoctor

imported post

THIS IS A FORE WARNING FOR ANYONE THINKING OF GETTING A LCP 380. I BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND THE SLIDE WHEN COCKING IT AND THE SHELL GOES IN THE PIPE THE

SLIDE DONT GO ALL THE WAY FORWARD. THIS WAS A MAJOR CONCERN AND I CALLED RUGER AND THE IS BEEN THERE SINCE AND THEYHAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TURN AROUND TIME.. SO IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING BE PERPARED AND DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN U ALL

concealed

imported post

I recently sent my LCP in for repair. Yes, they had it awhile, but Rugerdid an excellent job and also updated the gun to the latest specs which made the wait worth it. The newer LCP has a slide lock that's much easier to use.