• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ill informed Wal-Mart Employee in Lacey

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I was buying some ammo to go to the pit and get some range time with my new glock, I had purchased my rounds and stopped to chat with the employee that I knew worked there...

A short-ish older employee walked up behind the counter, and asked why I had a gun 'anyway' and insisted that I didn't need it. I asked him why it mattered (politely) and he insisted that 'I don't want anyone with a gun in my store unless they're a cop'..... I asked him why only cops, and he didn't answer, I also politely informed him that I've been over this before, and wallymarts policy is to abide by the laws of the state, and since WA state law says OC, and CC (with CPL) is legal, that wallymart allows it.. He huffed some more and told me I couldn't do that, that he didn't want someone carrying a gun in the store, etc etc, then huffed some more and said he was going to call the store manager to 'show me'....

He got on the phone, and was talking to a 'co-manager' (asst manager?). I didn't hear the other side of the conversation, but his side was something along the lines of.. 'There's a guy with a gun here and he won't listen to me when I'm telling him he can't have it in here... He's wearing it in a holster, just hanging out there....'

He hung up, I waited a little longer, then told him I didn't have more time to waste, and wrote down my name/phone number in case the manager wanted to get in contact with me, and I'd advise them of the situation.

I never got a call, but I did go in about 10 mins. later to pickup another box of ammo, there was now TWO employees that I know behind the counter.. One of them mentioned, 'oh, so I see you didn't bring it in this time' (I know him, he's a smartass,lol) .. I told him 'who said that?, shirts do wonders when they're not tucked in ;) The other guy laughed and said 'That was YOU?!'... I told him that it was, and that I had tried to explain wallymarts policy, but he didn't want to listen.. He then told me that it had been taken care of, that the 'co-manager' had explained it all, but he was still upset because he 'didn't want anyone coming in to HIS store with a gun'.

But he was educated, he knows the policy, so he should be good for now...

In the 100 or so times I've been in wallymart OC'ing, this is only the second time I've ever been approached.