Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Gun Show This Weekend

Post imported post

anybody going to the Richmond gun show this weekend?:celebrate

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

We will have our usual table there.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

where is it at showplace?

Post imported post

Oldvirginian wrote:
    no i believe it is at

Post imported post

Oldvirginian wrote:
    the virginia sportsman classic/outdoors show is at the showplace this weekend. the gun show is at the raceway.

joe

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Looking forward to meeting you finally!

Craig
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    Looking forward to meeting you finally!

Craig
    Stop on by, look for the red Proactive Shooters banner!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

VCDL will have a table set up as usual. Stop by and chat, bring a friend, introduce them to the free Va-Alerts.

Friends + Va-Alerts = new members.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Is the show any good?

Post imported post

mariner wrote:
    Is the show any good?
    All shows are good - some better that others. Not bad at all - all tables seem to be full and business brisk without being overly crowded.

National Geographic was there with a video crew taping a female newbie being guided to her first hand gun purchase by ProShooter. Hope that we get to see the results.

Found/bought Federal HST .45 ACP for just a little more than white box Winchester from Wally World.

Stop by Sunday if you did not make it today - be sure to introduce yourself at the VCDL table too.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    National Geographic was there with a video crew taping a female newbie being guided to her first hand gun purchase by ProShooter. Hope that we get to see the results.

The video crew was very professional. From the off camera discussion that I had with them, they seem to be very pro-gun, or at least pro-self defense. They were very nice to work with and the young lady asked some intelligent questions. It was a pleasure to be involved in this. They said that it should air sometime around Christmas and that I'll be notified when it does air.

I'm glad that they took our suggestion to spend some time at the VCDL table. I'm sure that you guys did a stellar job of promoting the cause.

Jim

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    They said that it should air sometime around Christmas and that I'll be notified when it does air.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Around Christmas - darn that's after the elections! Was hoping for sooner.
    Nevertheless, any positive reporting is good for the cause and even neutral reporting is positive. I think from my conversations with the crew that they will be factual and objective - waiting to see is painful.

Yata hey

Post imported post

I thought this show was better than the last one at the Showplace there were MORE interesting things for sale though nothing I wanted. It was also well attended.

The VCDL desk was too scary for me with that vicious dog they had so I stayed away from there.

Post imported post

glockfan wrote:
    I thought this show was better than the last one at the Showplace there were MORE interesting things for sale though nothing I wanted. It was also well attended.

The VCDL desk was too scary for me with that vicious dog they had so I stayed away from there.
    No reason to fear the dog. Just don't make any sudden moves.
    It's her mistress that you need to be polite to - dbl. NY reloads I have heard.

Yata hey

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Just got home - we turned it into a motorcycle ride and OCDO dinner too. Too bad we didn't find more to buy - I have a birthday coming up. Oh, well.....

Nice to see you, Grapeshot.
    good to meet you, ProShooter.
    skidmark ... as always, a pleasure.

and I don't know if JC posts here or not -- good to meet you, and I admire your bike!

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Nice to meet you as well Tess. I understand that you waited quite a while for me to become available. Thank you, I appreciate that.

Also, my apologies to anyone who tried to talk to me during the National Geographic interview. I hate not be able to say hello and chat with folks but the interview required my full attention.

Jim

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

The Sportsman show was better. Got to look and play with all the new stuff coming out and the Ten Point Rep was there with a few factory Demo bows at a great price. One followed me home.

Considering The huge turnout there, I'm amazed the gunshow had anyone at all.

Al Gore Jr. was manning the dog hunter booth, Joe! I think he invented the gun too:shock::shock:

Post imported post

I went and checked it out. All I bought was a VCDL hat to go with my new membership card.

I was tempted to try and trade in my M9 towards a subcompact XD or some sort of revolver; but after thinking about it I decided not to. First of all, I would have been ripped off on the trade value and it is a good pistol, the first one I owned, and I have no reason to get rid of it. I'll just wait a few more weeks and buy the sub or revolver. :celebrate

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    The Sportsman show was better. Got to look and play with all the new stuff coming out and the Ten Point Rep was there with a few factory Demo bows at a great price. One followed me home.

Considering The huge turnout there, I'm amazed the gunshow had anyone at all.

Al Gore Jr. was manning the dog hunter booth, Joe! I think he invented the gun too:shock::shock:
    peter,

was it the gun or gun powder, that he invented. i wanted to get over to both the gun show and the outdoors show this weekend but got tied up at the gunshow. though if i had realized that the outdoors show was open till 6 i would have run over there too.

joe

Post imported post

sorry the big black dog was so scarywe met so many people at the gun show remind me which one was you as i try and put names a faces together.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Just got home - we turned it into a motorcycle ride and OCDO dinner too. Too bad we didn't find more to buy - I have a birthday coming up. Oh, well.....

Nice to see you, Grapeshot.
    good to meet you, ProShooter.
    skidmark ... as always, a pleasure.

and I don't know if JC posts here or not -- good to meet you, and I admire your bike!
    tess nice to finally meet you and your son and husband.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    peter nap wrote: peter,

was it the gun or gun powder, that he invented. i wanted to get over to both the gun show and the outdoors show this weekend but got tied up at the gunshow. though if i had realized that the outdoors show was open till 6 i would have run over there too.

joe
    They were open until 9:00 on Friday. You'd have enjoyed it I think. In addition to the Ten Point Rep, they had a number of Taxidermist's there. I showed the pictures of this years bear and got prices for a rug ($1200.00:shock Don't think I'll make one of those every year.

DGIF had a number of tables. Did you know there were no more game wardens. The law enforcement section now has Conversation Police...with action lettering on their vehicles.

A number of exhibitors had good looking, scantily dressed young ladies doing demonstrations.

The deer contest was pretty good, turkey calling was interesting and DGIF had biologists.

Mark Warners campaign was there trying to get a few gun/hunter votes and guess what...he's a Duck Hunter. One of the most memorable moments wass in the parking lot. I walked past a Jaguar and asked who would drive a Jaguar to a hunter show. Someone in the crowd shouted, "He's a Duck Hunter"LMAO.

All the new model inlines and hunter equipment was being shown.

Enjoyable show.

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    sorry the big black dog was so scarywe met so many people at the gun show remind me which one was you as i try and put names a faces together.
    No offense meant to Three-Gun's puppy (who, BTW, looked even better when sporting an orange "GUNS SAVE LIVES" button on the collar), but I believe the original comment was made in reference to the miniature poodle service dog:what: who was volunteering at the table during the Saturday morning shift.

Anyone who got near that beast was is in for a viscious licking.

BTW - VCDL memberships are expiring at the end of September, and the next gun show may not be in your area till October or later. Get those renewals in by mail, over the web at www.vcdl.org or walk up to some of the folks you think might carry a blank membership form or 2 in their pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:
    No offense meant to Three-Gun's puppy (who, BTW, looked even better when sporting an orange "GUNS SAVE LIVES" button on the collar), but I believe the original comment was made in reference to the miniature poodle service dog:what: who was volunteering at the table during the Saturday morning shift.

Anyone who got near that beast was is in for a viscious licking.

BTW - VCDL memberships are expiring at the end of September, and the next gun show may not be in your area till October or later. Get those renewals in by mail, over the web at http://www.vcdl.org or walk up to some of the folks you think might carry a blank membership form or 2 in their pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark
    I'm the guilty party. So while we are apologizing, I must do so for assuming that a mean dog must be the one trained by a mean owner! My bad, no root beer.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Dear Tess,

Yeah, J C posts here from time to time (when his pc doesn't crap out for 5 days at a time!), and he really had a great time at the gun show with Audrey, Grapeshot, Skidmark, Joe, 3 gun and their pup!

J C saw you guys when you first came into the show and knew you'd be over to the VCDL table. He remembered you all from LobbyDay back in December.

What a great time we all had at Smokey Pig afterwards. Wish Nat. Geo. had been able to follow along and shared some of that action. J C said he knew he should have ridden his bike from the start. He has to learn to listen to that "little voice" more closely. We were both impressed with your bikes, they are beauties,and you're right, having a reverse on your Goldwing is great, and it can save a lot of shoe leather sometimes!

Glad you all made it home safely, and we'll have to try another bike run sometime!

Best regards from sidestreet and J C!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast