• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Gun Show This Weekend

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

VCDL will have a table set up as usual. Stop by and chat, bring a friend, introduce them to the free Va-Alerts.

Friends + Va-Alerts = new members.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mariner wrote:
Is the show any good?
All shows are good - some better that others. Not bad at all - all tables seem to be full and business brisk without being overly crowded.

National Geographic was there with a video crew taping a female newbie being guided to her first hand gun purchase by ProShooter. Hope that we get to see the results.

Found/bought Federal HST .45 ACP for just a little more than white box Winchester from Wally World.

Stop by Sunday if you did not make it today - be sure to introduce yourself at the VCDL table too.

Yata hey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
National Geographic was there with a video crew taping a female newbie being guided to her first hand gun purchase by ProShooter. Hope that we get to see the results.

The video crew was very professional. From the off camera discussion that I had with them, they seem to be very pro-gun, or at least pro-self defense. They were very nice to work with and the young lady asked some intelligent questions. It was a pleasure to be involved in this. They said that it should air sometime around Christmas and that I'll be notified when it does air.

I'm glad that they took our suggestion to spend some time at the VCDL table. I'm sure that you guys did a stellar job of promoting the cause. :)

Jim

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
They said that it should air sometime around Christmas and that I'll be notified when it does air.
Thanks for your contribution.

Around Christmas - darn that's after the elections! Was hoping for sooner.
Nevertheless, any positive reporting is good for the cause and even neutral reporting is positive. I think from my conversations with the crew that they will be factual and objective - waiting to see is painful.

Yata hey

taurusfan

imported post

I thought this show was better than the last one at the Showplace there were MORE interesting things for sale though nothing I wanted. It was also well attended.

The VCDL desk was too scary for me with that vicious dog they had so I stayed away from there. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

glockfan wrote:
I thought this show was better than the last one at the Showplace there were MORE interesting things for sale though nothing I wanted. It was also well attended.

The VCDL desk was too scary for me with that vicious dog they had so I stayed away from there. :D
No reason to fear the dog. Just don't make any sudden moves.:lol:
It's her mistress that you need to be polite to - dbl. NY reloads I have heard.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just got home - we turned it into a motorcycle ride and OCDO dinner too. Too bad we didn't find more to buy - I have a birthday coming up. Oh, well.....

Nice to see you, Grapeshot.
good to meet you, ProShooter.
skidmark ... as always, a pleasure.

and I don't know if JC posts here or not -- good to meet you, and I admire your bike!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Nice to meet you as well Tess. I understand that you waited quite a while for me to become available. Thank you, I appreciate that.

Also, my apologies to anyone who tried to talk to me during the National Geographic interview. I hate not be able to say hello and chat with folks but the interview required my full attention.

Jim

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The Sportsman show was better. Got to look and play with all the new stuff coming out and the Ten Point Rep was there with a few factory Demo bows at a great price. One followed me home.

Considering The huge turnout there, I'm amazed the gunshow had anyone at all.

Al Gore Jr. was manning the dog hunter booth, Joe!:lol: I think he invented the gun too:shock::shock:

curtiswr

imported post

I went and checked it out. All I bought was a VCDL hat to go with my new membership card.

I was tempted to try and trade in my M9 towards a subcompact XD or some sort of revolver; but after thinking about it I decided not to. First of all, I would have been ripped off on the trade value and it is a good pistol, the first one I owned, and I have no reason to get rid of it. I'll just wait a few more weeks and buy the sub or revolver. :celebrate

67GT390FB

imported post

peter nap wrote:
The Sportsman show was better. Got to look and play with all the new stuff coming out and the Ten Point Rep was there with a few factory Demo bows at a great price. One followed me home.

Considering The huge turnout there, I'm amazed the gunshow had anyone at all.

Al Gore Jr. was manning the dog hunter booth, Joe!:lol: I think he invented the gun too:shock::shock:
peter,

was it the gun or gun powder, that he invented. i wanted to get over to both the gun show and the outdoors show this weekend but got tied up at the gunshow. though if i had realized that the outdoors show was open till 6 i would have run over there too.

joe

67GT390FB

imported post

sorry the big black dog was so scary:lol:we met so many people at the gun show remind me which one was you as i try and put names a faces together.