• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Gun Show This Weekend

67GT390FB

imported post

Tess wrote:
Just got home - we turned it into a motorcycle ride and OCDO dinner too. Too bad we didn't find more to buy - I have a birthday coming up. Oh, well.....

Nice to see you, Grapeshot.
good to meet you, ProShooter.
skidmark ... as always, a pleasure.

and I don't know if JC posts here or not -- good to meet you, and I admire your bike!
tess nice to finally meet you and your son and husband.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
peter nap wrote: peter,

was it the gun or gun powder, that he invented. i wanted to get over to both the gun show and the outdoors show this weekend but got tied up at the gunshow. though if i had realized that the outdoors show was open till 6 i would have run over there too.

joe
They were open until 9:00 on Friday. You'd have enjoyed it I think. In addition to the Ten Point Rep, they had a number of Taxidermist's there. I showed the pictures of this years bear and got prices for a rug ($1200.00:shock:) Don't think I'll make one of those every year.

DGIF had a number of tables. Did you know there were no more game wardens. The law enforcement section now has Conversation Police...with action lettering on their vehicles.

A number of exhibitors had good looking, scantily dressed young ladies doing demonstrations.

The deer contest was pretty good, turkey calling was interesting and DGIF had biologists.

Mark Warners campaign was there trying to get a few gun/hunter votes and guess what...he's a Duck Hunter. One of the most memorable moments wass in the parking lot. I walked past a Jaguar and asked who would drive a Jaguar to a hunter show. Someone in the crowd shouted, "He's a Duck Hunter":lol:LMAO.

All the new model inlines and hunter equipment was being shown.

Enjoyable show.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
sorry the big black dog was so scary:lol:we met so many people at the gun show remind me which one was you as i try and put names a faces together.

No offense meant to Three-Gun's puppy (who, BTW, looked even better when sporting an orange "GUNS SAVE LIVES" button on the collar), but I believe the original comment was made in reference to the miniature poodle service dog:what: who was volunteering at the table during the Saturday morning shift.

Anyone who got near that beast was is in for a viscious licking.:uhoh:

BTW - VCDL memberships are expiring at the end of September, and the next gun show may not be in your area till October or later. Get those renewals in by mail, over the web at www.vcdl.org or walk up to some of the folks you think might carry a blank membership form or 2 in their pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
sorry the big black dog was so scary:lol:we met so many people at the gun show remind me which one was you as i try and put names a faces together.

No offense meant to Three-Gun's puppy (who, BTW, looked even better when sporting an orange "GUNS SAVE LIVES" button on the collar), but I believe the original comment was made in reference to the miniature poodle service dog:what: who was volunteering at the table during the Saturday morning shift.

Anyone who got near that beast was is in for a viscious licking.:uhoh:

BTW - VCDL memberships are expiring at the end of September, and the next gun show may not be in your area till October or later. Get those renewals in by mail, over the web at http://www.vcdl.org or walk up to some of the folks you think might carry a blank membership form or 2 in their pocket.

stay safe.

skidmark
I'm the guilty party. So while we are apologizing, I must do so for assuming that a mean dog must be the one trained by a mean owner! My bad, no root beer.

Yata hey

sidestreet

imported post

Dear Tess,

Yeah, J C posts here from time to time (when his pc doesn't crap out for 5 days at a time!), and he really had a great time at the gun show with Audrey, Grapeshot, Skidmark, Joe, 3 gun and their pup!

J C saw you guys when you first came into the show and knew you'd be over to the VCDL table. He remembered you all from LobbyDay back in December.

What a great time we all had at Smokey Pig afterwards. Wish Nat. Geo. had been able to follow along and shared some of that action. J C said he knew he should have ridden his bike from the start. He has to learn to listen to that "little voice" more closely. We were both impressed with your bikes, they are beauties,and you're right, having a reverse on your Goldwing is great, and it can save a lot of shoe leather sometimes!

Glad you all made it home safely, and we'll have to try another bike run sometime!

Best regards from sidestreet and J C!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sidestreet wrote:
Dear Tess,

<snip>

Glad you all made it home safely, and we'll have to try another bike run sometime!

Best regards from sidestreet and J C!
Thanks, but my motorcycle riding is on hold for a month or two. I broke my ankle the other day. I'll be in this boot until at least the end of September. :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

sidestreet

imported post

Dear Tess,

Dang!!! Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you're on the mend and able to get around okay soon. That didn't happen on your beautiful black bike did it?

Oh golly, get well soon, and keep us informed, let us know if we can help.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We know you to be a strong, upright individual with a cast iron disposition so presume that you will mend well. Good luck.

BTW - who did you drop kick? :D

Yata hey