• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for definitive proof on Wal-mart...

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I would like any contact information anyone has. For the home office or For rolando Rodrigues the district VP In my area. Anyone who has information as far as contact numbers please PM Me so I can call them directly I live here in Utah and working on talking with the correct people once I get the information on policy I plan on organizing a committe to protest wal-mart on a corprate level please let me know what you have thanks

Zach

Mack 12ga.

imported post

It's wal-mart who cares what they think , if I cant OC in there store then I'll take my business some where ells, I shop at my local price cutter and so far I haven't had any problem, and any thing that wal-mart sales I can always fined ells ware .

Yea it might be more convenient to get everything in one place but if I have to shop around it only means I get to carry in more places, thats a win win for me.

I'll still go to wal-mart till I'm asked to leave and they only get one time to do that then I'll take my money ells ware and I probably drop more than about 400 a month just on grocery's that doesn'tinclude clothesand such.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I enjoy Wal-Mart it saves my family a lot of money but my 2nd Amendment rights trup my savings so anyone out their pm me with contact information

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If nothing else, call 1-800 WAL-MART. They will most likely give you the numbers you need. Also your local store will give youcontact informationover the phone or at the service desk. There is usually a bulletin/ information board next to the service desk with contact information for your store all the way up to the home office.Your local store's phone number will be at the top of a Wal-mart receipt.

wayradbrad

imported post

I guess I'll give my two cents. Wal Mart is convenient because they are so close and cheap and I will open carry there until I am told I can not and then I'll be glad to take my buisness els wear. But the truth is, just about everything sold there with the exception of ammunition and firearms (how quaint) is made in China, what a mess. The one near me doesn't even carry firearms. That is not the way it has always been as we all know. I for one am doing my best to buy American made. Semper fi!

Tucker6900

imported post

wayradbrad wrote:
The one near me doesn't even carry firearms. That is not the way it has always been as we all know. I for one am doing my best to buy American made. Semper fi!
That seems to be the way Walmart is going. Ive been to 4 different stores. NO GUNS available for sale.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Okay so here is what I have I have the number to 1800-walmart does no good I need corperate numbers VP Or higher Email address corp or higher and any documents in the forum of policy current from Wal-Mart this has been the real Issue Nobody want's to call me back or email me so I am trying to reach people on a more personal level. I want a written policy by the end of the year as Wal-Mart offical stand on openly carried firearms so I can begain working to change the rules if possiable and start forming groups and hit Wal-Mart where their wallet is.

Tucker6900

imported post

I have talked to the "Assett Protection" Supervisor at the Main office. His exact words to me were this:

"Walmart allows Concealed carry where applicable by law. Open Carry is usually by store management position. So individual stores have the right to decide on how open they are about firearms. I can not, nor will I provide any policy to you regarding firearms in Walmart Stores."

So it sounds to me like they are going to make it more of a battle than what they should.

AbNo

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Okay so here is what I have I have the number to 1800-walmart does no good I need corperate numbers VP Or higher Email address corp or higher and any documents in the forum of policy current from Wal-Mart this has been the real Issue Nobody want's to call me back or email me so I am trying to reach people on a more personal level. I want a written policy by the end of the year as Wal-Mart offical stand on openly carried firearms so I can begain working to change the rules if possiable and start forming groups and hit Wal-Mart where their wallet is.
Have you ever heard of The Consumerist? Great site, if you don't have a heart condition. :p

Here's a good starting point, I have class in a few minutes.
http://consumerist.com/search/walmart corporate/

kenny

imported post

Why would anyone want to shop at Wal-Mary anyway. They sell cheap stuff that never lasts and they are putting the people who made this country out of business. Then there is the fact of their connection to the Clinton's. They will never get a dime of mine.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Thank you for your post That website really helped me I cant thank you enough I hope to have a answer from Wal-Mart by End of September

madcapmag

imported post

I go to Walmart. Cheap supplies for my hotel. Whether Resolve Carpet Cleaner is made in the US or overseas doesn't matter. Its still a mix of chemicals and if I can save a few bucks on each bottle, its better for my bottomline. I did shop at the Walmart here in Scottsdale, AZ. Its off of the 101 between Raintree and Frank Llyod Wright. Walked in, OC-ing, greeter said "Hi! Enjoy shopping!" I shopped for the supplies I needed, then proceeded to the self checkout. As I was ringing myself through, I heard "whisper whisper whipser PISTOL whisper". I looked around and saw saw the person who said it. She made no attempt to approach me, nor did anyone else. I left, dropped off my cart with the greeter, he said "Good night!" as did a supervisor. I'm guessing its ok at this particular Walmart.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Info from the Idaho forum:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/13152-2.html

Posted: Fri Jul 11th, 2008 01:03 pm

New Update:

Just got another call from a Walmart employee in regards to my email complaint. the guys name is Dennis, I forgot his Job title already. but here is what he says.

Seems my email made the rounds of some of the Marketing managers, Tori (208-467-7313) and the Asset protection manager Toby (no number given).

Dennis informed me that they instructed the Managers in this store to abide by state law and to allow the legal carrying of Firearms. but Dennis went on to say that they discourage people from carrying firearms into walmart.

I mentioned that J.R. the store manager called me earlier to tell me they "do not allow firearms" Dennis told me he should not have told me that, as that goes agiasnt corporate policy, and the email sent down by the regional manager (tori) and asset protection manager (toby). and is confused as to why he told me that.

In addition, Dennis told me this was the first compliant in in 6 yrs they have recieved in regards to the Firearm policy at this location, I wanted to call Bull@#$%, but kept it civil, so for those of you that had problems with this location. please keep those complaint's coming. this will definately keep heat on this store manager until he complies with corporate policy, or bust him down to greeter status.

Dennis said he has also educated the Greeters on the policy, and the greeter that gave me grief about my firearm. so we'll see on my next return visit, but agian, Dennis re-interated that they discourage customers from bringing in firearms.

Gonna have to shoot off another email to corporate now about J.R. putting his personal policy above corporate and regional managers policy. :banghead:

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Very good I am currently dealing with this issue in Utah the District Manager says no open carry or concealed carry and nobody above him will return my call. I have emailed everyone above him tried calling nothing is working at all nobody will return my email so frustrated about this issue will try again tommorow calling about this issue but it is going no were fast so any Ideas or numbers for the Utah section please let me know thanks

Zach

smash29

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Well, now that I have a better source of ammo, I've pretty much stopped going to Wal-mart.

:X

If I could find a better source too I would gladly shop elsewhere. Given my feelings about WalMart that makes me acomplete hypocrite but I just can't find cheaper ammo anywhere else.

:D

kurtmax_0

imported post

smash29 wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Well, now that I have a better source of ammo, I've pretty much stopped going to Wal-mart.

If I could find a better source too I would gladly shop elsewhere.  Given my feelings about WalMart that makes me a complete hypocrite but I just can't find cheaper ammo anywhere else.

Buy it online. You probably can't get a single box cheaper (shipping costs) but if you buy alot at a time it's pretty cheap.

smash29

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
smash29 wrote:
AbNo wrote:

If I could find a better source too I would gladly shop elsewhere. Given my feelings about WalMart that makes me acomplete hypocrite but I just can't find cheaper ammo anywhere else.

Buy it online. You probably can't get a single box cheaper (shipping costs) but if you buy alot at a time it's pretty cheap.
I haven't done an exhaustive search by any means but of the places I've found online very few were close to WalMart prices (for 9mm) and the cost of shipping made the difference even greater. I'm within driving distanceof Georgia Arms but even their bulk (1000 round) prices are higher than WalMart in terms of cost per round. :?