• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for definitive proof on Wal-mart...

DenWin

imported post

smash29 wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
smash29 wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Well, now that I have a better source of ammo, I've pretty much stopped going to Wal-mart.

:X

If I could find a better source too I would gladly shop elsewhere. Given my feelings about WalMart that makes me acomplete hypocrite but I just can't find cheaper ammo anywhere else.

:D

Buy it online. You probably can't get a single box cheaper (shipping costs) but if you buy alot at a time it's pretty cheap.
I haven't done an exhaustive search by any means but of the places I've found online very few were close to WalMart prices (for 9mm) and the cost of shipping made the difference even greater. I'm within driving distanceof Georgia Arms but even their bulk (1000 round) prices are higher than WalMart in terms of cost per round. :?

Try this sit:

www.ammunitiontogo.com

They've got really good prices most of the time, and carry a variety of manufacturers.

SANDCREEK

imported post

This effort to elicit any precise statement of OC policy is going to be fruitless -unless W/M posting a "NO DISPLAY OF FIREARMS ON THIS PROPERTY" will satisfy our yearnings for clarification as to whether or not "it's OK to OC" on their property. Our efforts to press W/M for a clear statement are beginning to beseige their C/S center.

They seem to be "stuck" between not wanting OC, but concerned about a financial backlash if they state a clear anti-OC policy. I would back off and leave it alone. W/M has no desire to be the "poster child" for the OC movement- one way or the other.

If you prefer to OC rather than CC - do so like you have every right, justification, and intention to do so, and present and conduct yourselves like someone anyreasonable person would expect to see armed. If their Mgr asks you not to OC- respect his position - and spend your $$$ somewhere else. Unless there is an incidentwherein the OC is targeted with an unjustifiedMWG/911 response ,we really need to get off their back. We don't want to come ashore like a hurricane. Just MHO.

Tucker6900

imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
This effort to elicit any precise statement of OC policy is going to be fruitless -unless W/M posting a "NO DISPLAY OF FIREARMS ON THIS PROPERTY" will satisfy our yearnings for clarification as to whether or not "it's OK to OC" on their property. Our efforts to press W/M for a clear statement are beginning to beseige their C/S center.

They seem to be "stuck" between not wanting OC, but concerned about a financial backlash if they state a clear anti-OC policy. I would back off and leave it alone. W/M has no desire to be the "poster child" for the OC movement- one way or the other.

If you prefer to OC rather than CC - do so like you have every right, justification, and intention to do so, and present and conduct yourselves like someone anyreasonable person would expect to see armed. If their Mgr ask you not to OC- respect his position - and spend your $$$ somewhere else. Unless there is an incidentwherein the OC is targeted with an unjustifiedMWG/911 response ,we really need to get off their back. We don't want to come ashore like a hurricane. Just MHO.

+1. Couldnt agree more. It seems that if they wanted to make a statement about it, they would have done so by now.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I think that the Issue needs to be addressed just sitting around and doing nothing is worse then a yes or no. Wal-Mart wants to hide behind the Issue people deserve to know what Wal-Mart decides just letting them sit around and not make a decision is just not the right way to go about this I urge people to keep contacting Wal-Mart Coperate until they say yes or no so that I and everyone can make a decision to shop their or not so Call Wal-Mart till they make a decision Yes Or No

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I think that the Issue needs to be addressed just sitting around and doing nothing is worse then a yes or no. Wal-Mart wants to hide behind the Issue people deserve to know what Wal-Mart decides just letting them sit around and not make a decision is just not the right way to go about this I urge people to keep contacting Wal-Mart Coperate until they say yes or no so that I and everyone can make a decision to shop their or not so Call Wal-Mart till they make a decision Yes Or No
IMHO - When no gun signs are not posted, it is best to handle on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis and when a problem comes up - address it.

To push and demand a formal published answer, is to cause Wal-Mart to perhaps feel the need to reevaluate whether there are more of them or more of us. It will have nothing to do with morality and everything to do with dollars & cents. How many OCers do you see on a typical Wally World excursion?

In other words, it might be less hassle for upper management, to throw in the towel and say, "NO GUNS." or "Concealed Carry Only" Are you ready to accept that and then noblely take your business elsewear?

I don't think that is necessary. Choose your battles wisely.

Yata hey

Utah_Patriot

imported post

They already have that attitude No CC Or OC So what do we have to lose. If they say no firearms at all then thats fine with me more pressure on them and a lot of back lash on their part not mine. I say force Wal_Mart to take a stand one way or another then fight the policy not their hidden agenda that they have now

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
They already have that attitude No CC Or OC So what do we have to lose. If they say no firearms at all then thats fine with me more pressure on them and a lot of back lash on their part not mine. I say force Wal_Mart to take a stand one way or another then fight the policy not their hidden agenda that they have now
Wal-Mart has no apparent hidden agenda. In fact they have a rather clear and easily understood corporate policy - abide by the laws of the state in which the store is located. A rogue store manager or employee neither becomes a corporate "they" nor trumps corporate policy.

You may rant and rile if you must. I will sit back and watch to see how you do. Perhaps you should take on bigger fish - may I suggest NYC and Bloomberg.

Seriously don't go so far to justify your screen name. :)

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:

What pressure?

I'm waiting on my HCP right now, and I've been trying to take notice of how many OCer's I've seen in the Dickson and Holenwald stores. So far, natta. I don't got to Wally World that much but I haven't noticed any one OCing yet. Haven't seen a sign posted either.

In fact, I can't say that I've seen anyone OCing anywhere in my neck of the woods.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I belive that Wal-Mart will be forced to come out with a policy then once the policy comes out then it gives me a chance to try to change the policy. So if you choose to sit back and allow Wal-Mart to do as they choose then go for it. I think that if Wal-Mart does not know how you feel about Openly Carried firearms then they will continue with their Anti gun stance

Also if you want to ask me about my user name I would be glad to explain instead of using my username to justify your post

So if you care about your gun rights let your regional manager how you feel about openly carried firearms at Wal-Mart.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I belive that Wal-Mart will be forced to come out with a policy then once the policy comes out then it gives me a chance to try to change the policy. So if you choose to sit back and allow Wal-Mart to do as they choose then go for it. I think that if Wal-Mart does not know how you feel about Openly Carried firearms then they will continue with their Anti gun stance

Also if you want to ask me about my user name I would be glad to explain instead of using my username to justify your post

So if you care about your gun rights let your regional manager how you feel about openly carried firearms at Wal-Mart.

Why should Walmart or any other business want to respect your right to garry a firearm OC or CC of you don't seem to want to repect their rights?

That sword cuts both ways, whether you like it or not. Our best bet is to educate the public where we can, as best we can, without making them feel it's being crammed down their throats.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Lets see if I've got this right -

Wall-Mart right now has a policy of allowing handguns in accordance with state laws.
You want to change that, then fight against the change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yes I choose to "go for it" and enjoy that Wal-Mart welcomes me in condtion 1 in their stores. No I don't want your change, you can keep it.

I have OCd in every Wal-Mart in this metro area and some in Pa. - never a problem - well one minor one with an employee but the store manager fixed that.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

You forget one thing all I am asking for is a policy from Wal-Mart stating if I can carry my firearm or not out in the open or CC thats all. Wal-Mart won't give me a straight answer on their policy. I can't change anything if I don't know the rule. Wal-Mart Coperate refuses to clairfiy their stand on this issue.

SANDCREEK

imported post

SOME corporate "giants" are not going to go on record stating an official policy that you or anyone else is "permitted" to excercise your civil right to display a firearm on their property.Numerous efforts to elicit a formal "policy" have failed because it is not in their interest to comply with such requests.

Even IF such a written policy was instituted, the resident manager could take exception to ANYONE's demeanor whileOC'ing in the store (regardless of "corporate policy")and request that weapon be concealed ortake the nearest exit.

Attempting to force private proprietors to "give-in" to our preferences is not going to help this effort to restore respect for a civil right. Responsibly excercising that right , while respecting the host's rightsWILL. Yes - we will continue to risk confrontations ANYWHERE we go- so know your legal standing, carry a voice recorder, and excercise your right.

This issue cannot be FORCED upon private property operations. When they say they "respect all local and statelaws" regarding this issue - that's ALL you NEED,and probably all you are going to get.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

It does not hurt anyone to try. In fact I have had a positive outcome for most big box chains by talking with them about open carrying so If your want to sit around and do what ever your told do so but don't be suprised when your guns are seized and your wondering what happened I say stand up for what you belive in and the rest will follow if you don't act then don't expect change.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
It does not hurt anyone to try. In fact I have had a positive outcome for most big box chains by talking with them about open carrying so If your want to sit around and do what ever your told do so but don't be suprised when your guns are seized and your wondering what happened I say stand up for what you belive in and the rest will follow if you don't act then don't expect change.
Then what the heck are you complaining about?

M&P.40

imported post

Walmart probably did clarify it but you justdid not get it..you need help and I don't think you can get it on the forum page or from walmart.

Advice:Just wear your gun in walmart and see if it's ok ,If you don't get arrested then keep wearing it..

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Wal-Mart is not one of them hence my postings please read the whole post before you comment

OK, then, go into the Walmart store you intend to shop in and ask the General manager of that store what their policy is for that store. I suspect that you may find that policies for each store will vary, depending on who the general manager is.

It appears to me that Corp HQ has a current policy that the Gen Managers are free to handle the firearms issue as they see fit, as long as they do it within compliance of the laws of their respective states. That's all WalMart Corp HQ has to do, nothing more.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I am just trying to change a policy I see as unfair. I am not here to argue or put down anyone. I don't need negitive comments or people assuming that all Wal-Marts are the same because their not. I am asking Wal-Mart for a clairfaction on their policy if you don't agree with this then thats fine.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
I am just trying to change a policy I see as unfair. I am not here to argue or put down anyone. I don't need negitive comments or people assuming that all Wal-Marts are the same because their not. I am asking Wal-Mart for a clairfaction on their policy if you don't agree with this then thats fine.

Fair???

Hmm... why do I get the feeling that your definition of "Fair" is what ever will make YOU happy? In other words, if you agree with a policy, it's "Fair"; and if you don't agree with the policy, it isn't fair. Is that about it?

Again, I suggest if you want to find out what the policy is at your local WM, go in and ask the GM. You're not afraid to that are you?