• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for definitive proof on Wal-mart...

Utah_Patriot

imported post

post whatever you want I realy don't see any reason to hide anything the signature's are collected from many different boards and people I interact with I have been gathering signatures from many different way's. I really don't see why your so opposed to me talking to Wal-Mart. But until you can explain your actions as to why your so pro Wal-Mart and why it would hurt anyone by me doing it then maybe you need to see that not all Wal-Marts are as gun friendly as yours. You have a close mind when you look at all the Wal-Marts accross the state. All we have is statements from Wal-Mart reps but nothing in writing. So maybe it's you that needs to step back and explain your anti gun statements I think it would be different if BSA Stated you were no longer to have guns around the scouts.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

actually have over 1000 signatures from this board and just over 6000 total people who care about their rights as gun owners in american. I go to gun shows all over the United States gathering signatures and working with Wal-Mart educating their district managers. I will have a press release coming up in the next 3 Months from several major news outlets and newspapers that will put Wal-Mart in the spotlight so sounds like you might be the One-Man band lol have a good day.

here is my PM I sent grapeshot so he won't hold it over my head nothing is private here I am very open and stand behind what I say

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
actually have over 1000 signatures from this board and just over 6000 total people who care about their rights as gun owners in american. I go to gun shows all over the United States gathering signatures and working with Wal-Mart educating their district managers. I will have a press release coming up in the next 3 Months from several major news outlets and newspapers that will put Wal-Mart in the spotlight so sounds like you might be the One-Man band lol have a good day.

here is my PM I sent grapeshot so he won't hold it over my head nothing is private here I am very open and stand behind what I say

So what you are claiming is that you have 1 in 6 OCDO members agree with you. Even if you do have such a petition (which you refuse to prove exists), it isn't much of a showing. That means that the majority of the OCDO members (5in 6) don't support your efforts.

I'd like for you to show where anyone has stated anti-gun language on this thread. The only thing I can see is that you seem to have something against reasoned wisdom. Most teenagers detest that annoying aspect of the older generation.

Carry on Don Quixote. Just don't be surprised if you get what you want and it makes you very unpopular with the rest of the gun toters. I still think you are here to bait the OCDO members into something that can be used against us by the anti-gunners.

richarcm

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
post whatever you want I realy don't see any reason to hide anything the signature's are collected from many different boards and people I interact with I have been gathering signatures from many different way's. I really don't see why your so opposed to me talking to Wal-Mart. But until you can explain your actions as to why your so pro Wal-Mart and why it would hurt anyone by me doing it then maybe you need to see that not all Wal-Marts are as gun friendly as yours. You have a close mind when you look at all the Wal-Marts accross the state. All we have is statements from Wal-Mart reps but nothing in writing. So maybe it's you that needs to step back and explain your anti gun statements I think it would be different if BSA Stated you were no longer to have guns around the scouts.
Even if it is in writing I do not believe that that means they can not ask you to leave if they change their mind. In the name of creating a safe environment for their customers if they want you to leave I don't think that your written statement would hold any water. Management discretion, I am pretty sure, vetos whatever corporate policy may state.

It is nice to see what corporate policy is just to get a general picture of how a company treats gun owners but it serves little to zero backing for any argument a gun owner may have if ever asked to leave.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:

So what you are claiming is that you have 1 in 6 OCDO members agree with you. Even if you do have such a petition (which you refuse to prove exists), it isn't much of a showing. That means that the majority of the OCDO members (5in 6) don't support your efforts.

I'd like for you to show where anyone has stated anti-gun language on this thread. The only thing I can see is that you seem to have something against reasoned wisdom. Most teenagers detest that annoying aspect of the older generation.

Carry on Don Quixote. Just don't be surprised if you get what you want and it makes you very unpopular with the rest of the gun toters. I still think you are here to bait the OCDO members into something that can be used against us by the anti-gunners.
Sounds like someone is paranoid better get out your tinfoil hat

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
VS

_____Original Message_____
Date: 2008-09-16 11:40:33
Subject: Re: Proof of Wal-Mart's policy - postings

I actually have over 1000 signatures from this board and just over 6000 total people who care about their rights as gun owners in american. I go to gun shows all over the United States gathering signatures and working with Wal-Mart educating their district managers. I will have a press release coming up in the next 3 Months from several major news outlets and newspapers that will put Wal-Mart in the spotlight so sounds like you might be the One-Man band lol have a good day.

Thanks

Sorry, no cigar ! You waffle and evade.

I object to your claiming legitimacy via OCDO participants. I appreciate positive input and give and take from most, I don't blindly accept those that pile it on without documentation.

Tell you what, send your petition/poll including signatures with prerequisite data to John and/or Mike (They won't steal your thunder) and include your major media announcements for their perusal. Should they validate/certify and approve of them, I will jump on the wagon.

Until then, you protest too much and deliver too little. You have shown too many inconstancies and contradictory statements to be taken seriously. I quote you, "If they say no firearms at all then thats fine with me"

Yata hey

tqu9047

imported post

So far,every Wal-Mart that I have been in, (TX and LA), have signs on the door stating that "Unlicensed possesion of a firearm is prohibited". Meaning if you have a CC, you are licensed and allowed to CC.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was in the WM at Dickson Tn and was OC a Mak 9mm in a Uncle Mike holster last Wednesday, and it's if I hadn't been carrying at all. Walked by several store associates (a few I think were dept managers) and I had no problems at all from anyone. I don't think the customers even took notice, and there were plenty of them.

I've been in the Holenwald WM a couple times, sort of half assed OC (Jacket didn't quite cover the whole gun). I'm sure that my gun was exposed everytime I raised my arm for anyone to see. And when I got to the checkout, I'm absolutely sure that I exoposed my holstered gun to teh checkout person everytime I reached over into my cart to get an item and place it on the counter. Not one word was said about my firearm.

I never talked to anyone about OC in either one of those stores prior to entering. I just went in and did my shopping. Have had no problems so far.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tqu9047 wrote:
So far,every Wal-Mart that I have been in, (TX and LA), have signs on the door stating that "Unlicensed possesion of a firearm is prohibited". Meaning if you have a CC, you are licensed and allowed to CC.

Then you haven't been in any of the Walmarts near me. (I live in New Orleans)

No signs anywhere and I've never had a problem in Walmart - either CC or OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Never personally seen/had a problem in Va. or Pa. in any Wal-Mart.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tqu9047 wrote:
In Texas OC is still illegal at this time. I think OC is legal in La without a permit. The signage you find as you describe in the WM stores in La may only be forbiding OC.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
tqu9047 wrote:
In Texas OC is still illegal at this time. I think OC is legal in La without a permit. The signage you find as you describe in the WM stores in La may only be forbiding OC.
Since OC in LAis legal without a license, the sign would be moot.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
tqu9047 wrote:
Since OC in LAis legal without a license, the sign would be moot.
Seems like it would be.

ThoreauHD

imported post

I think the solution to this problem is to maintain a database that tracks the policy of each walmart and it's manager in your area. Concealed carry with a permit is pretty clear. But having a central source of truth for open carry will save people from being asked to leave the store and/or repeatedly asking the same walmart location the same question. It will also help us not give money to stores that do not honor the Rights of US Nationals/Citizens.

This would then encourage Walmart's to either allow/disallow OC by state or post that OC is not allowed at that business- as is expected by law. Either that or we will keep playing cat and mouse, where nothing is clear for the customers or for Walmart. This is as much for Walmart's sake as for ours.

Walmart isn't going away, and neither are we. We should be at least as organized as they are- if not more. This is my suggestion.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

If your purpose is to push a retailer to taking a NO GUNS position, this would be a potential way to accomplish that.

Wal-Mart has a corporate policy of honoring the laws of the state in which each store is located. Are there rogue or uninformed personnel - of course - but the way to handle that as generally recommended is through senior management or at the regional/corporate level.

Problems in Wal-Mart, at least here in Virginia, are the rare exception. I see no need to establish a data base much less anticipate law suits with the present level of cooperation. Let's not forget that their stores are private property and they set the rules.

Take a deep breath, spend more time acclimating yourself to who and what we are and become more knowledgeable with your facts - then we'll talk again.

Yata hey

ThoreauHD

imported post

You're right. That doesn't foster good relations to use it for that purpose. I have modified the post. Although knowing which store allows open carry and which does not would be beneficial.