• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

questions to a new OCer

metalneverdies

imported post

Hello everyone,

i am new on this site. i hope to gain alot of useful knowlege.

i am 18 years old and have recently got a glock 23C. i like this gun alot. i know its not the worlds best or most accurate pistol but it is still fun andi can get all my shots where they need to go. i am still practicing because this is my first pistol. i have been hunting for a while but dont go to the range that often. so im not new to guns completely but im also not a pro. anyways, i have been curious about some of my states gun laws. I live in Arizona.

after reading my state legislature info on the website it looks like as long as im a legal adult i can buy apistol in a private sale but not from a shop. it also seems like i can own and shoot and carry a pistol just not buy ammo for it. i recently bought a black halk serpa holster and plan to OC. i am just very nervious about weather or not it is legal or not in arizona. i know my state is pretty progun so i would imagine that it would be fine. however, i want some feedback and reassurance. also should i print out and keep that section of the legislature on me at all times when i have my gun? i am conserned that the local Law enforcement might now know about all of the laws concidering i have asked a few officers and none seem to know for sure.

thank you for all your help. any suggestions on OC or guns is much appriciated.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Check the Arizona board. I don't OC myself, but from what I've read there, Arizona LEOs for the most part know that OC is legal, and rarely bother anyone just for carrying. Of course, how you look (dress, haircut, etc) will probably have an effect on that. Fair or not, people DO judge you by the way you look, and if you look like a law abiding citizen, chances are you will be treated like one.

As far as ammo- check online. Now, I would never suggest you break the law, and would discourage you from doing so. I'm just relating a how I buy some of my ammo. I buy lots of ammo from ammotogo.com, and they've never asked me to verify my age (though I am over 21...lots over).

LcCPL fatherdeath

imported post

i to am a fellow 18 ocer its all good bro no worrys just watch for the no gun signs and your good

also i order my ammo from cheaperthandirt.com its what i use for my stuff

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I started OC'ing on my 18th birthday in NV, and have been OC'ing for more than a year now.

I don't know what it is like in AZ, but I found it useful to have the relevant codes with me, and on occasion gave them out to people who were curious about them. In mysingle experience with law enforcement however, having the pamphlet wasn't very useful in dealing with them as they were not interested in it. They instead looked up the laws in their car with a computer or the dispatcher.

metalneverdies

imported post

oh wow i didnt know that they could look up laws in the computers in their cars. what did he say when he came back from looking up the law?

what happens if they ask how or where you got the ammo from. it is still illegal to purchase ammo or sell to someone under 21 for pistol ammo.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

metalneverdies wrote:
Hello everyone,

i am new on this site. i hope to gain alot of useful knowlege.

i am 18 years old and have recently got a glock 23C. i like this gun alot. i know its not the worlds best or most accurate pistol but it is still fun andi can get all my shots where they need to go. i am still practicing because this is my first pistol. i have been hunting for a while but dont go to the range that often. so im not new to guns completely but im also not a pro. anyways, i have been curious about some of my states gun laws. I live in Arizona.

after reading my state legislature info on the website it looks like as long as im a legal adult i can buy apistol in a private sale but not from a shop. it also seems like i can own and shoot and carry a pistol just not buy ammo for it. i recently bought a black halk serpa holster and plan to OC. i am just very nervious about weather or not it is legal or not in arizona. i know my state is pretty progun so i would imagine that it would be fine. however, i want some feedback and reassurance. also should i print out and keep that section of the legislature on me at all times when i have my gun? i am conserned that the local Law enforcement might now know about all of the laws concidering i have asked a few officers and none seem to know for sure.

thank you for all your help. any suggestions on OC or guns is much appriciated.

Not really OC related, but get this: http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3179

and this: http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2343