• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va Beach Detective killed

2a4all

imported post

Two suspects were apprehended within minutes only yards away, and are charged with 1st degree murder. No comment so far from either of them. Did they know he was a cop?

How well planned was this operation? Witnesses say that the location was cordoned off by police almost immediately.

Condolences to the detective's family.

tripledipper

imported post

RIP & condolences to family. He left Hampton for Va.Beach probably thinking it was safer. Narco one of the most dangerous along with car stops and domestic. This area was a lot different when I came here 15 yrs ago. If you saw his picture and the perps pictures, yes they knew he was a cop.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

tripledipper wrote:
RIP & condolences to family. He left Hampton for Va.Beach probably thinking it was safer. Narco one of the most dangerous along with car stops and domestic. This area was a lot different when I came here 15 yrs ago. If you saw his picture and the perps pictures, yes they knew he was a cop.

He's the first VB officer to be KIA in 5 years. It ain't a jungle out there. I expect the city has lost more school cafeteria workers than that.

It's a loss and I feel for the family. The killers were dirtbags... but there isn't much more to the story than that.

denwego

imported post

These two animals who did this should've been shot on the scene. They'll end up dying in the death chamber anyways, but at least it would've been quick and cheap without the endless appeals in the courts.

In very related news, this is the final straw in my wife and I moving. We moved here sight-unseen from Colorado under tight schedule because of the Navy, and the news story said those animals literally lived down the road from us. We've been debating breaking out lease and bugging out, but it's not even up for debate now.

DocDaddy

imported post

I live less than a half mile from where this happen and I was wondering what the helicopter was out circling for that late at night and whata coupleVBPD cars/SUV and a fire engine (who was rolling up a fire hose (to wash off blood maybe?)) were doing there this morning on my way to work, now I know. Damn that sucks! May those twoburn in hell! My condolences to his family! Thank you for your service! And that is why I carry!

Tripledipper: If he looked as he did in his picture, chances are that they may not have even approched him toselldrugs in the first place, but since it was a undercover operation, then his appearance was most likely not as clean cut and without a uniform and driving that Ford pickup. So how would they know he was a cop as you are saying? Just a thought and just checking!

Neplusultra

imported post

It was watching all those cops getting shot on "routine" traffic stops that finally convinced me to buy a handgun. I was watching a show where a cop had stopped someone and got into a struggle with him for his gun. Some motorist passing by stopped and asked the officer if he needed help, to which he replied "YES!" The two of them subdued the BG, a good ending. That convinced me. If I ever came across a situation like that I wanted to be able to do something. Montgomery county, where Blacksburg is, has had three policemen killed in the line of duty. ALL, were shot either by their own gun or by a gun taken from another officer.

I really do need to get a serpa.....

tripledipper

imported post

DocDaddy, you are probably correct about the UC having tolookpretty scruffy. Backin the Big Applethe buyer was usuallya minority officer, sometimes unarmed, backed up bya team. They wouldn't even sell to anyone who looked clean cut, thats why one of my boyswas always a back-up bust guy. Still, these mutts werenot too streetwise. I second the motion for instant street justice!

W.E.G.

imported post

I would hope that members of this forum would see the folly of summary executions.

Even the military does not condone that on the battlefield.
Is there any sensible person here who would truly speak in support of such actions?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
SNIP I would hope that members of this forum would see the folly of summary executions.

Is there any sensible person here who would truly speak in support of such actions?
+10

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
I would hope that members of this forum would see the folly of summary executions.

Even the military does not condone that on the battlefield.
Finally, sorry guys but you can't pick and choose which constutional amendments you're willing to follow.

Personally I tack this one up as another good man lost to the endless war on drugs. Let's put these thugs out of business already by letting legit businesses undercut their prices.

Sheriff

imported post

peter nap wrote:
He's the first VB officer to be KIA in 5 years. It ain't a jungle out there. I expect the city has lost more school cafeteria workers than that.

It's a loss and I feel for the family. The killers were dirtbags... but there isn't much more to the story than that.

Peter, Peter, Peter.... that's not nice! The cafeteria workers probably quit and went on to a better job. I doubt any of them died in the line of cooking a school lunch.

Trust me, I have a major problem with these Rambo rookies running the streets nowadays. Bu I don't joke about their death(s). There is much more to this story. Just think about if this had been your brother or best friend.