• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More than one OC firearm?

spectr019

imported post

I've asked this on the MGO forums and received some good feedback, however it was only pertaining to CC. Who here carries more than one pistol on them when OCing? I conceal with two, never have OCed before though outside of my neighborhood...

Ben

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

spectr019 wrote:
I've asked this on the MGO forums and received some good feedback, however it was only pertaining to CC. Who here carries more than one pistol on them when OCing? I conceal with two, never have OCed before though outside of my neighborhood...

Ben

I'm surprised no one has answered this question yet! I know of at least one guy on here that regularly carries in a shoulder holster AND belt holster (can't remember his name, but he wears a bandanna on his neck a lot).

I currently don't have two handguns that I would open carry at the same time. I do carry a BUG to my open carried piece on a regular basis, though. If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably have two 1911's on me most of the time :D.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
I'm surprised no one has answered this question yet! I know of at least one guy on here that regularly carries in a shoulder holster AND belt holster (can't remember his name, but he wears a bandanna on his neck a lot).

That is UTOC-45-44. He mainly carries a Smith and Wesson 4006 in a shoulder holster, and sometimes his Kimber on his belt, like in this photo at the Salt Lake County GOP Convention.

MW.jpg

ThunderRanch

imported post

Currently OC my Springfield 1911 strongside and my Kimber Ultra CDPII in an IWB holster (Butt of the gun is still OC) just above my left rear pocket. Two spare mags for the Springfield weak side and one spare mag for the Kimber in my back pocket. (I know....not a good place to keep it!)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I s'pose a pair of anything 'dualist' style would be considered 'over the top'... but gunfighter rigs abound. Get'cha a pair of DA Ruger Blackhawks in .45LC... or a pair of Taurus 'Judge' wheelguns 'n a belt fulla 410 000 buck 'n 45 LC. 'Hang a Bowie on there with 'em. (for scalps). 'Course... you could be a purist 'n go for a pair of SAA Army Colts or Ruger Vaquero'sin .45 too.

Double dropped buscadero holsters will go well with yer board shorts, tennies 'n Izod Lacoste 'gator pockets. :what:

Six.35 cal balls downrange at once pretty much settles any situation. :)

unreconstructed1

imported post

well, when my HCP comes, I plan on carrying my primary in a belt holster and my BUG in an ankle holster.That would be dual OC whenever I wear shorts...:)

David.Car

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Isometimes OC my Mossberg on a sling and my Sig on my hip. Otherwise It is OC of my Sig on my hip and my J-Frame concealed on my ankle.
What Sig are you sporting. You will usually find me with a 18+1 P226 9mm on the side.

Kendo_Bunny

imported post

AbNo wrote:
I've OC'd my both my XD-40 and my 1911 with Kendo_bunny's Taurus Tracker twice, after she got sick.

Sometime you have to let me carry both the guns- though hopefully not because you're sick.

Thundar

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Isometimes OC my Mossberg on a sling and my Sig on my hip. Otherwise It is OC of my Sig on my hip and my J-Frame concealed on my ankle.
What Sig are you sporting. You will usually find me with a 18+1 P226 9mm on the side.
SIG 229 DAO 9mm with Hogue grips, 13 rnd magazine (w 2 x13 in magazine holster)and tritium sights carried in a Serpa rig.