• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Petoskey Wal-Mart

knifemaker

imported post

I open carried for the first time today! I had been working up to it by letting the bottom of my holster show from under my vest. Today I took the plunge.

I spent about 1/2 hour in the Petoskey Wal-Mart. The store was pretty busy as we have a lot of tourists here this time of year. I priced some computers and bought some small stuff. Nobody seemed to notice.

I had a .45 Ruger Bisley on a dress belt holster, so I wasn't being very timid.

I then spent an additional ten minutes in the parking lot getting on all my motorcycle stuff. No funny looks, no LEO, no nuthin'.

Thanks for all who have posted on this forum. It has really helped me form my opinions on OC.

Edit: I just realized I put this in the wrong spot. I put a copy in the "List your OC experiences post". Moderators - please delete this. I'm still learning how to do this forum thing!

Michigander

imported post

No need to move your post to that thread. This is like an introduction thread for you. ;)

Congratulations on taking the plunge. It really is amazing how people really don't seem to either notice or care. It will only get easier.

Kenshinx2

imported post

"Congradulations!! :D Walmart is a big first jump!!!! I did a gas station!!"

I did it in the back of a car... oh wait.. what were we talking about agin?...

ruger45

imported post

i was born in petoskey but my parents lived in east jordan but east jordan did not have a hospital at that time that was about 5 years ago.lmao