• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BBQ for a OCer who is going over sea's

jarhead1911A

imported post

So "Always Packing" is leaving this monday for over sea's and Sunday we are having a BBQ at my place in Tacoma. All are welcome The THEME for this gathering is "How many guns can you carry on your person at 1 time" The winner gets bragging rights.

M1Gunner will be demonstrating is way with the BBQ there is a firepit plenty of room for all and if you want to bring anything feel free.

Flanders007

imported post

so I know this question has been addressed in other threds, so I don't want to create another "what if" and "IMHO" rants.... just looking for a yes or no answer.

Will you allow BYOB or is this pretty much a dry event?

I understand when we all get together at OC BBQ's, they are in places that are usually restrictive of alcohol. But since this is your private residence... Not that I plan on getting wasted (I would have to drive) but a cold micro brew usually accompanies a BBQ quite nicely, that is of course, if it is allowed.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Yes GUNS means pistols rifles hell if u can carry a crew served weapon then more power to you. As far as the BYOB i do not have a problem with it as long as no one gets out of hand.

I personally believe that legal guns owners should be allowed to drink anywere any time but with all things moderation is key.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be there also:D jarhead, thats so cool what you are doing for meman. I amreally looking forward to it. (thank you so much),I am going to bring my famous world renouncesbanana pudding:lol:.

Oh no I am not in the NG I am a civilian

just_a_car

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Yes GUNS means pistols rifles hell if u can carry a crew served weapon then more power to you.
Awesome... problem I have is that I only own one handgun..... but I own 5 rifles. *snicker*

Thinking it out, I can safely and, more importantly, legally carry 3 rifles and a handgun. I'm sure there are those here that can easily surpass that with just pistols (two on hip, two in shoulder, one on each ankle), but I think it's interesting that I could pull off 3 full-sized rifles carried without being held in a manner that would "warrant alarm"... though, if you're carrying that much firepower, it would be hard to argue your case, hehe.

Oddly enough, I don't own a single rifle that's not in 7.62 caliber of some sort (x54r, x51NATO/.308Win, x39).

jarhead1911A

imported post

And as a note to M1Gunner, THERE IS NO PLACE TO PARK A TANK!!!!!! So dont even think about it, Besides youd look goofy trying to haul a BBQ on the back of a M1Abrams.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Besides youd look goofy trying to haul a BBQ on the back of a M1Abrams.
We did used to have a hibatchi grill bolted to the top of our M577 command track. And a Walkman (I'm old) hooked up to the sound system. It was our platoon's "party barge". :D

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sunday's my wife's birthday, but she's flying out of town that evening. I'd love to stop by but I'd probably be a bit late, more like 5ish if you think anyone would still be around.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Yes GUNS means pistols rifles hell if u can carry a crew served weapon then more power to you.
Awesome... problem I have is that I only own one handgun..... but I own 5 rifles. *snicker*

Thinking it out, I can safely and, more importantly, legally carry 3 rifles and a handgun. I'm sure there are those here that can easily surpass that with just pistols (two on hip, two in shoulder, one on each ankle), but I think it's interesting that I could pull off 3 full-sized rifles carried without being held in a manner that would "warrant alarm"... though, if you're carrying that much firepower, it would be hard to argue your case, hehe.

Oddly enough, I don't own a single rifle that's not in 7.62 caliber of some sort (x54r, x51NATO/.308Win, x39).
You can borrow my .357 or 1911 if you want to cowboy it! :p

Jarhead, I'd make it but I can't on Sunday. Please give my regards to AlwaysPacking.