• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beer & Guns

daveit

imported post

I found this:

AS 11.61.215. Intoxication as Applicable to Possession of a Firearm. [Repealed, Sec. 11 Ch 59 SLA 1991].
Repealed or Renumbered

http://www.touchngo.com/lglcntr/akstats/Statutes/Title11/Chapter61/Section215.htm

Just curious, I know you can't do it at restaurants, but is it against the law to have a beer or so at a friends house with either carrying open or concealed as long (as you aren't past the legal limit?)
I'm guessing that was the law cited above was referring to.

david.ross

imported post

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/cgi-bin/folioisa.dll/stattx07/query=*/doc/%7Bt4643%7D?

What do you think?

[align=left]Sec. 11.61.210. Misconduct involving weapons in the fourth degree.[/align] [align=left]
tab.gif
(a) A person commits the crime of misconduct involving weapons in the fourth degree if the person[/align] [align=left]
tab.gif
(1) possesses on the person, or in the interior of a vehicle in which the person is present, a firearm when the person's physical or mental condition is impaired as a result of the introduction of an intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance into the person's body in circumstances other than described in AS 11.61.200 (a)(7);[/align]
[align=left]Anyway, drinking while armed with guns is stupid. If you do have to shoot someone and drinking with firearms was legal, you're more likely to go to jail.
[/align]

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

The law is silent on this topic down here inIndiana. I open carry regularly & belly-up to the bar for a drink now & then. I don't advocate getting sloppy drunk in public or in private, but I wear my revolver while having a drink. I live in the N.E. corner of Indiana & frequent Ohio & Michigan regularly. Ohio prohibits carrying into ANY establishment that sells alcoholic beverages by the drink. Michigan will allow you to blow 0.02 if you're packing heat. Indiana just doesn't care & our saloon floors aren't slippery with blood.

daveit

imported post

I don't know....does it mean like over .08 or no liquor at all.

Not planning on getting *hit-faced...maybe just sampling a buddies new homebrew at his home or something like that.

Baradium

imported post

Legal or not, it's not a good idea to carry when you have a drink. Even if it's only one drink, if anything happens, you're making your problems 1000 times worse.

Also, if you can't do it at restaurants... I'd lean towards it not wanting you to drink anything at all while carrying.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

you can not OC in a place that served alcohol for consumption on the premises. in order to carry in a restaurant that serves, you must CC and NOT CONSUME.

I interpret the law to mean that if you blow over the legal limit they will charge you with possession of a deadly weapon while intoxicated. if you are under the limit and not showing signs of impairment they may just advise you to disarm. If you are showing signs of impairment and under the limit they may charge you with possession of a deadly weapon while impaired.