• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 yr old shoots self

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Two charged with neglect in Hampton girl's shooting

HAMPTON

Two people have been arrested in the Friday shooting of a 3-year-old girl who was taking a nap.

At 12:03 on Friday, the girl was taking a nap in a camper trailer behind a home in the 1900 block of E. Pembroke Ave. The child's mother went into the home for a few minutes, and and returned to find the girl had shot herself one time in the head. Police determined
the child found the loaded gun under a mattress
in the trailer.

The victim was transported to a local hospital, where shewas undergoing surgery Friday night for her injuries.

Katherine Louise Supplee, 22, and Moises Marcus Esquillin, 20, both of the 1900 block of E. Pembroke Ave. in Hampton,were bothcharged with one count of felony child neglect and one count of allowing access to firearms by a child. Esquillin was also charged with one count of possession of marijuana.

John Warren, (757) 446-2309, john.warren@pilotonline.com [1]

not a very secure place with kids around

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wow...

That really sucks. My 3yo knows never to touch guns, that they can cause harm, when shes a bit older and can fully understand better I'll further teach her gun safety and let her shoot too.

I can only assume it was a .22 or small caliber, other wise a close shot like that to a 3yo's head could be lethal with a large caliber bullet.