Thread: Need Suggestions

Post imported post

Any solutions on how to carry .357 Ruger SP101 snub in summer comfortably with lighter color clothes? Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

Really you need a good belt and OWB holster. That's how I've carried mine for the last 8-9 years.

I findIWB uncomfortable, and they're a little heavy for pocket carry. My other carry method for that gunis an Allesi ankle rig. It was pricey at 120 bucks, but it beats the snot out of any of the 50-60 ankle rigs I tried first.

Post imported post

I like a standard "pancake" style holster. Galco has 'em off-the-rack for @$60. Also might want to look at Don Hume, Mitch Rosen, Bob Mernickle, and Wild Bill's. Just google the names to get the websites.

You will need a good stiff gunbelt for it to work ideally, as .41 Magnum said. Can't put enough emphasis on the belt part of the equation.

My favorite rig is from Bob Mernickle. Hell of a piece of work. I carry a Smith 340 in mine. Very comfortable, no shifting around, and good retention even w/out a thumb break.

Post imported post

OBXMIKE gave you good ideas there. The pancake design really flattens out that particular guns print. Get one that has an extra belt slot onone side, it's called a "switch" holster. You wear it straight cant onyour strong side, or you can "switch" it to a cross draw using the other slot.

Bob Mernickle does EXCELLENT work. He's built me a couple western type rigs for my big revolvers.http://www.mernickleholsters.com

Another excellent leathersmith that specializes in carry rigs: http://www.hbeleatherworks.com His name is Eric. Tell him Ben sent you over. He's done over a dozen jobsfor me. I've been pleased with all of them. In fact, I'm wearing one of his belts and holsters right now.

EDIT: Spelling.

Post imported post

Found a great site for revolvers & SP101's was an example. Website is Simplyrugged.com . This is a great place for holsters for revolvers all the way up to "X". Great for semi's also. Conceal well!

Post imported post

Got one of those "simply rugged" also.....and like it very much!

Post imported post

MIKE:

Those Simply Rugged's are a fine holster aren't they. If you love Hand-crafted- that is hand crafted.

Alec411

Post imported post

Alec411 wrote:
    MIKE:

Those Simply Rugged's are a fine holster aren't they. If you love Hand-crafted- that is hand crafted.

Alec411
    Do any of you guys have any experience with their "Real Man's" belt?

Post imported post

Thanks all....I went ahead and ordered a silver dollar pancake and belt from Simply Rugged. I'll let ya know...