• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTB holster for 1911 gov't size

Nosrac

imported post

Looking to buy a holster for my 1911. If you have anything extra laying around and want to get rid of it let me know. I'm leaning toward a Galco concealable belt holster but I am open to others. I'm a skinny guy so I would like something held close in.

krazichinaman

imported post

I've used a Galco Stow-n-go for the past year. It is leather and cost around $25. My problem with this holster is that since its leather and well its pretty "flimsy" at entrance point of where you insert your pistol. It is near darn impossible to reholster your pistol without losseing your pants. :cuss:Yeah, in a real life situation, if you ever had to draw, I guess it wouldn't really matter how long it took you to reholster, but this got annoying really fast. (One of the main reasons I started to OC, much easier)

My brother carries a Kimber Warrior in a blade-tech UCH holster. Hes had it for about a year and has nothing put praise for them. I went to Blade-tech yesterday (In Lakewood) and got a holster made for me right on the spot. I originally wanted to get the "Universal fit" but decided I rather have one that covers the entire gun. So I ended up spending $78 after tax. I can now say it is extremely easy to reholster.http://www.blade-tech.com/In-the-Waistband-IWB-IDPA-APPROVED-pr-820.html

If you want an OC holster, I would go with a Blackhawk Serpa. A lot of us, use it.

DEROS72

imported post

I use a basic colt leather belt holster for my Para .45.Fits close very good for OC or CC .forward cant .only about 40$.

Nosrac

imported post

Good ideas, got me thinking anyway. I have a FIST IWB for my XD service so I was looking for OWB for my 1911 since it's quite a bit bigger.