• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor Daley to gun owners

Glock27Bill

imported post

Mayor Daley told reporters that if gun owners want their rights to have a handgun in their homes, he may require them to buy insurance for the city to be used as a defense against “frivolous lawsuits” demanding gun rights.

From The Gottlieb-Tartaro Report, Issue 164, August 2008.

muzz3256

imported post

Yeah Chicago, Daley is a thug. Remember that this is the same mayor who, in the middle of the night, went to Meigs Field (a local general aviation airport in Chicago) and had crews with bulldozers carve giant X's all over the runway, stranding the planes that were housed there, all because he didn't like the airport. This after he agreed to keep the airport open for 25 years.

I hope that he gets taken to the cleaners on this. Most of my extended family live in the Chicagoland area and don't like him. All the more reason to stay in VA.

-Muzz

Wikipedia page on Meigs Field if interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meigs_Field

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Mayor Daley told reporters that if gun owners want their rights to have a handgun in their homes, he may require them to buy insurance for the city to be used as a defense against “frivolous lawsuits” demanding gun rights.

From The Gottlieb-Tartaro Report, Issue 164, August 2008.
In a related story, Kommissar Daley said if subjects want their rights to vote for whomever they chose, they will be required to purchase insurance for the Central Committee to use as a defense against frivolous elections in which the current regime is threatened with defeat.