• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Before the police get there....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I thought I'd post an email I just got from one of my friends who always carries (usually CC, but occasionally OC). He was responding to my email telling him of the apology and $$ Danbus got from the Norfolk police.

"Good for him AND open carry FREEDOM!! Had an "armed citizen" moment of my own when 18 year old Dairy Queen worker was followed walking to work by guy in black SUV!! She "lost" him 3 times on her walk to work. While she was telling the story the black SUV (Same Plate #) pulled in to the D.Q. parking lot! Driver didn't get out but just sat there! Girl was very scared. Told her to call 911, I took position just inside the door. Manager locked back door. Never drew concealed Bersa .380. When pervert saw cop car he peeled out with cop car in pursuit. Have NO IDEA what happened next.

According to anti-self defense ***holes I guess the girl and I are just PARANOID!!!

Bob"

I replied there is nothing "paranoid" about one citizen helping another out while waiting for the police to arrive.

Orygunner

imported post

That could have been an excellent Open Carry story.

1. Creep sits out in parking lot, drooling about the girl.
2. Creep sees man step out of Dairy Queen, staring him down.
3. Creep notices holstered handgun on man's belt.
4. Creep wets pants, leaves quickly.

I'm glad it turned out OK though.Wecan hope the cop got him and that he had warrants for arrest...

...If theGIRL had been OCing,the whole thingwould have probably been a non-issue...
...Orygunner...

Edited for Typo