• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal, but is it a good idea?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Yes, I occasionally transport a resident in my POV. And no matter what the law says, sometimes you just have to use common sense. IMHO it would be negligent and dangerous to keep the gun in the car untilI have a way to lock it up... andI need to get into the glove box too often to make that agood place to keep the weapon.

DenWin

imported post

IMHO I try to make my self look like a hard target. Being that in Oregon I can openly carry my pistol, I do so (with in the limits of the law, of course ;)) that the person or persons in the area who aren't as legal minded as my self don't try something where I am.