• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

E'Town OC Meet.......

TheMrMitch

imported post

OCBUNCH.jpg

TheMrMitch

imported post

Did something wrong adding pic....OK though. It's there. Anyhow, The Rest Of The Story!

Prep came up and introduced himself. Fourth from left. His first time, so I went easy on him.

Then Oubliette flew in on her bike. I swear I saw flames.Tried explaining her handle...French....Only French I know is Si Si.

Next was Michael, his lovely wife and adorablelittle well behaved daughter. Was telling about his background and the only Cuban I know is Oui Oui.

Next was Jason..... 2nd from right. He's a very quiet fella. Want him on my flank.

Big fella on right is Marshall. I carded him....gentle giant....covers my six.:celebrate

We had an EXCELLENT meet and dinner. Wanna keep these guys as friends. No problems with OC and the ones who querried us were polite and listened. We gave them literature on Ky laws. Roadhouse staff never really gave us a second look except for one young waiter.

Hope I got the details right.....the others can chime in and give their account. A success!:D

N00blet45

imported post

We stood at the door for about 5 minutes, should have seen some of the people passing by us.:D A few big-eyed looks in our direction but most of the patrons were unmoved. Also my steak was delicious.

Oubliette

imported post

What Flames?!? :lol:

Well guys I’m home safe. Actually I got home about 10 but my cats made it clear I would get no rest until I got cat food, so I headed back out! Lol. Any way I had an awesome time! Meeting you all was great and I’m really pleased that our night on the town (E-town) was uneventful despite 6 nicely holstered weapons. It was also a beautiful night for the motorcycle ride home. And other than a few odd looks from an SUV no one seemed too concerned, which is what I’d hoped for.

I’d like to thank MrMitch for stepping up and organizing everything. You throw a great “shindig”! I hope to see all of you and more at the next one.

Melissa

tito887

imported post

That was a great meeting. I've now become an OC regular. We'll need to get another meet-up in the future. It was a pleasure to meet you all. Stay safe everyone. :D
Talk to you all later

FightingGlock19

imported post

Looks like everybody had a good time. Maybe we can get something going in the Western Kentucky part of the state, next time? I'd be more than willing to get everything set up.

TheMrMitch

imported post

It was really nothing to it. We just met and went in to eat. Kinda checking vibes and it was a wonderful, knowlegable group.

I have camping room and a shooting range should any of you wish to make a try.:D

tito887

imported post

I don't know if anyone else thought it, but my wife noticed that I was wearing the smallest pistol. She joked with me asking if I felt embarrassed that I was carrying a sub-compact pistol while everyone else was carrying full sized pistols. She was just poking fun at me. She forgot that when I bought my pistol if was while I lived in Fl which has no open-carry and where printing is against the law. Not that it really matters how big or small your pistol is, I hope:lol:

TheMrMitch

imported post

Tito.....nah. We didn'tnotice. We paidno never mind (Ky saying). Your hand gun probably looked like a CANNON to the uninitiated. Now, as to your other...er....uh....nevermind.:lol:

tito887

imported post

I do think in the future my next firearm will be a full sized revolver. I don't have as much experience as yall (southern saying), but there is something about revolvers that appeal to me more then a semi-auto. I know many people are split on this topic as far as to what type of pistol is best for self-defense.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Tito....a revolver is just fine when one is experienced with it. Same goes for any weapon.:D

Get the revolver and PRACTICE! Get some speed loaders and PRACTICE. I love a good feeling revolver and fully intend to add a few to my collection. My first carry piece was a revolver about 53 years ago on my paper route.:cool:

Practice and practice some more.

N00blet45

imported post

The first rule of a gunfight is to bring a gun, every thing else is just preference. A lot of people like revolvers because they are a lot simpler than auto-loaders. Revolvers are less likely to jam than an AK (that's as close to never as you can get). Although if you get a quality semi-auto it will rarely jam if ever. I can't remember my HK USP, the gun I was carrying, ever jamming on me.

Wyoming

imported post

I was out of town for the meet and tried to get an update however the motel I was staying at (Marriott Courtyard in Columbus, GA) blocked the OpenCarry.org site from the in lobby computers and I did not have my laptop, only a Blackberry which makes surfing cumberson at best. Glad to see there was a good turn out and all went fine.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Well....I liked those ribs so much I wanna do this again.

Maybe a different eatery? Maybe more members. The first meet was kindof flexing our wings and maybe we take another flight. Eh? :DWe WERE comfortable.

Could even visit Wally World en masse.

Think it over some more....those have gone andthose have not....join us.

Y'know, Louisville is going to be on our MUST list and could be a little more of a strain. Some one set it up in that area and let's go!:celebrate

I will lead or assist as needed.:dude:

IF you guys want.....just for meeting....I have a camp area and a 140 yard range.

A cook out would appropriate and I have plenty of room. Get to know each other?????

Someone kick in some ideas before summer is gone. I even have a pond the kids can fish. A day in the country!

Radisma

imported post

awwww man id have loved to come.

I live in Meade County ( not to far from e-town)

Next time you all have a OC get-together let me know id love to come and hang out with some fellow OC'ers.

Honestly aside from myself i never see anyone OC'ing