Thread: ........

Post imported post

Post imported post

My first thought was, ah - come on, you can come up with something more descriptive than dots. Um, I thought it was a well done parody. But no, it's real. I think my shocked and amazed threshold just got readjusted.

Eyewitness news

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Here we have a politician and the police completely out of control. The very idea that they can do something like this is nuts and in particular what you can and cannot do on your own curtilage. They have failed in their responsibilities and are therefore, expecting the citizens to suffer for their failure.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Similar to http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/14694.html the no-knock entry to the Mayor's home.

Or the checkpoints in DC.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Here we have a politician and the police completely out of control. The very idea that they can do something like this is nuts and in particular what you can and cannot do on your own curtilage. They have failed in their responsibilities and are therefore, expecting the citizens to suffer for their failure.
    Add another LEA to the list of questionable police actions. They are just following the examples set forth by the New Orleans PD, Greensberg, Kansas PD, D.C. metro PD, and others. If they get away with it, why can't the next department?

Post imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
    My first thought was, ah - come on, you can come up with something more descriptive than dots. Um, I thought it was a well done parody. But no, it's real. I think my shocked and amazed threshold just got readjusted.

Eyewitness news
    I do everything I can to avoid posting anything that can't be confirmed/verified.

but yep it is mind blowing.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Incredible! There has to be some way to challenge that legally. Doesn't there?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Incredible! There has to be some way to challenge that legally. Doesn't there?
    I think there are court cases on this already. I saw one on a blog that referenced the year 2000 for a SCOTUS decision.

But, as long as the press treats it like an opinion poll and presents the people who are happy with it, rather than just digging up the law on the matter.

Wouldn't that be great? An news report that presents the legalities of the matter? Rather than thesupport of the people who can't or won't protect themselves.

I've got $5 that says the supporter citizens are the same ones who won't call in suspicious behavior when they see it (don't wanta get involved), and won't help with neighborhood watches, etc. Plus the curfew gives them an excuse not to tend the yard. (OK. That last one I just tossed in there.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Well....I have no sympathy for those who follow that illegal dictate. They should fight it en masse and have a block party.

Or call 911 to bring them groceries. Or something. Unbelievable.

Post imported post

Should do an open carry dinner there and take a walk through town to take in the scenery.

Post imported post

Mayor James Valley made this statement;

"This curfew is for all people...everyone is subject to be stopped - almost like marshal law.”.... "It's zero tolerance, you're going to jail."

“The citizens deserve peace, that some infringement on constitutional rights is OK and we have not violated anything as far as the Constitution.”

How delusional is that? For once, I'm hoping the ACLU throws their weight onMayor Valley. His actions aren't just heavy-handed or ill-advised, they're downright criminal.

If there had been open rioting in that area, I could see there being a temporary curfew imposedthat would immediately end when rioting stopped & order returned. But imposing a 24hr curfew, detaining, and arresting citizens for simply walking out their front door is a blatant violation of the 4th and 14th Amendments. So what the neighborhood is rife with drugs, prostitution, and violence? That the police can't reduce area's crime-rate without martial-law;residents won't clean up their own neighborhood, and they have a mayorwilling to throw awaythecitizens of Helena's Constitutional rightsin response to a localized crime wavespeaks volumes. And besides, as soon as martial-law is ended, the criminals will come back out of the woodwork and resume their activity; or move their activities to an area of the city which isn't so hot.

“There are going to be instances where innocent people are inconvenienced for the safety of the entire community,” he said. “I do not have any information that innocent citizen’s rights are being violated. The police department is diligently working on their report to present to the council and a request for authority to use Saturation Zones for enhanced efforts.”

Not only is this guy delusional, but he wants to expand the curfew-zone. "I want them to fix the problem, fix it legally and I want them to be aggressive,” said Valley. It's only a matter of time before an innocent citizen is seriously injured or killed by police officers given carte blanche to do what they will.

Post imported post

I suppose my views on this are extreme, but I firmly believe that anyone who would attempt to enforce martial law is a tyrant, not worthy of life. This martial law is an unconstitutional policy, and a criminal charge for resisting it would not hold up in court if our nation is still intact as the framers intended, especially after a few appeals.

But then again, the people in that segment were really, really, really stupid, or at least talked that way. Any fool that would give up freedom for security deserves and will get neither, and that's why they deserve this crap. I just hope it doesn't yield case law that could lend to spreading this lunacy.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.