• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Atlanta taxpayers watch out! Va. S. Ct. opinion bodes well for GeorgiaCarry.org

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hope that this carries on to Georgia. Now that the injunction has been denied. I hope that Georgia State Law will prevail in the upcoming battle in court and the shenanigans thatShirley, DeCostaand Bennie are planning via TSA, DHS & Congress. The $$$ that these folks are spending (spelled, wasting) is rediculous.

In addition, here is a letter to the TSA Administrator from GCO's attorney requesting that TSA not approve any petition to change Atlanta's airport ASP.
Oh, yeah. Thanks, Mike for this piece of info!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
somebody in GA shold start FOIAing Atlanta officials for their communications with TSA.

Mike... They must have heard you (or it's ESP)

GCO files Freedom of Information Act Request with TSA
August 14th, 2008

Recently published in various media outlets was the unprecedented request by an airport (Hartsfield-Jackson) for the TSA to amend its security plan and allow the airport to ban firearms outside of the secure areas. GCO is currently in court fighting Hartsfield over its ban so we were surprised to find out that the airport is trying to create a back door way to ban firearms if their case should fail. In addition to our letter to the TSA to deny Hartsfield’s request of the security plan change, we have also asked the TSA for all the documents Atlanta submitted to the them for the request to change the security plan. It will be about a month before we get that requested information. You can view GCO’s FOIA request here.