• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Man Detained on UWM Campus' TodaysTMJ4.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/26618949.html

MILWAUKEE - Two men called UWM Campus police early Sunday morning reporting a suspicious man who might have a gun in the student union on Kenwood Blvd.

The witnesses said that the man told them that he needed to get a book from the library.

When police arrived, they called for backup from Shorewood and searched the student union.

They eventually found the man outside the library. They put him into the back of the squad car without incident.

It's unclear if the man is a UWM student. He did not have a gun.

Nobody was hurt. The man may face charges for being in the union after hours.

smithman

imported post

"May face charges for being in the union after hours?"

Our founding fathers would spit on crap like this as a way to charge people with petty victimless crimes.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smithman wrote:
"May face charges for being in the union after hours?"

Our founding fathers would spit on crap like this as a way to charge people with petty victimless crimes.

I am not sure just how the 'union" is organized butI don't see how it can be illegal to be there "after hours". There is just no law about that. It could be there is a sign up saying no entrance after 10pm or something, but that would indicate a trespassing charge would be in order.

Brigdh

imported post

tito887 wrote:
And what exactly would the charge be??
Filing a false police report? Wasteful use of public resources? Just make them pay for the officer's pay to take the call? I mean think about... if I called 911 to report that my house was on fire, and it wasn't, I'd sure as hell have to pay some fine to the fire department.