• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Casual Concealment?

Rob Washeleski

imported post

Update: It appears that casual concealment won't even be an issue, since the first time I OC'd around town this week hardly anybody even noticed I had a 5" 1911 in cross-draw, no cover. Hurray for our rushed society, where nobody even noticed it was there. Seriously, no glances, no acknowledgment. I am really surprised. If causally concealed I am sure that 99% of people wouldn't notice.

-Rob

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Rob Washeleski wrote:
Update: It appears that casual concealment won't even be an issue, since the first time I OC'd around town this week hardly anybody even noticed I had a 5" 1911 in cross-draw, no cover. Hurray for our rushed society, where nobody even noticed it was there. Seriously, no glances, no acknowledgment. I am really surprised. If causally concealed I am sure that 99% of people wouldn't notice.

-Rob
Welcome to the OC world.

warlockmatized

imported post

Rob Washeleski wrote:

-Rob
Most people won't/don't notice, unless you make sure they do. At least that has been my Oc experience so far. When i OC it is no different than carryig my cell phone hanging from my hip.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Rob Washeleski wrote:

-Rob

We've been saying this for a long time, not sure why people don't believe us.

The general public are for the most part, oblivious.