Thread: First Time OC

Post imported post

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker, small time poster here.

I spent a lot of time while deployed reading up on firearms, law as applicable to carry, and such. I managed to convince the Cumberland County, NC sherrif's attorney that aquiring a Pistol Purchase Permit WAS legal for private transfers (that was fun...). So, with my pistol permits I managed to buy a NIB S&W M&P .45 ACP with five magazines from the Dixie Gun Show, a blackhawk holster from a gun shop, and OC'ed for the first time in Fayetteville, NC!

I went into a Citgo gas station first, to test my resolve, and not an eye blink from the cashier. I then went to a Wal-Mart to do the "Wal-Mart Walk" and again...not an eye batted. Barnes and Noble was next, and again, no one said anything.

I'm still waiting on my CCW to come back from Maine, then with New Hampshires permit I will be able to legally carry concealed. My HK USP9c will hopefully fill that role when the time comes.

I was worried about having a "Wal-Mart situation" for a little bit, but didn't have to worry about it! I was super concsious of it on my hip (3 o clock position with slight forward cant, paddle holster, level 2 retention SERPA) . But after a while, it felt almost natural.

Now I need to find an OC get together!

-John

Post imported post

Good job!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh, I feel sorry for you.

Pretty young womenalways bat their eyes at me when I OC.

5, 4, 3, 2...
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Paratrooper82 wrote:
    I then went to a Wal-Mart to do the "Wal-Mart Walk" and again...not an eye batted. Now I need to find an OC get together!

-John
    At last Someone has posted that the Wal-Mart OC Map works.:celebrate

And by your screen name I'm guessing that Paratrooper82 may be used to leaving perfectly functioning aircraft before arriving at the airport terminal gate. If so, I'm also guessing that he may not be an introvert.

That saidTM it should not be difficult to find an OC get-together because he will probably arrange on by posting on the North Carolina forum that he will be at XYZ restaurant (a known OC-friendly place) on such-and-such a day at such-and-such a time (expressed as Zulu time) and that anyone else who happens to be there also is welcome to join him in a meal and fellowship. (Listen up, Troop! That's hint there.)

The next thing you know we will be hearing than the 82nd has sat down with the 101st, and then that the 82nd and 101st have broken bread with the Marines. Oh, my! Where will this all lead to?

In the meantime, welcome to OCDO and to OC-ing. Even though you have already done the Wal-Mart Walk, newbie still buys the beer and ammo.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Oh, I feel sorry for you.

Pretty young womenalways bat their eyes at me when I OC.

5, 4, 3, 2...
    Citizen, they are trying to close them.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Hey, nicely done! It gets less nerve-wracking over time.

Post imported post

YAY! Good on ya!

I've noticed... there's NO news coverage of any OC laws... anywhere. Here in AZ it's not that uncommon... OC has been the norm here forever... (yet some still don't know squat about the law... or the State Constitution). But in other areas... particularly back east, it's a taboo subject.Even 'talk radio' avoids it like the plague.