• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So who wants to organize the next OpenCarry meet in Portland?

Cougfan2

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Sounds good to me. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

ccw9mm wrote:
Re: Car pooling.

I can offer up a VW Passat sedan that can carry four (including driver), if we'd head to a gathering in Salem or Eugene. Chip in a buck or two for gas, and we can share the load.
A buck or two for gas...?
Man, you're kidding yourself.

$$$$$$$$$$$

ferrari-599-gtb-chrome.jpg

ccw9mm

imported post

CharlesAFerg wrote:
100mi round trip, 4 people, 23mpg avg, so $18 gas for the trip = ~$4 per person.

Keane

imported post

CharlesAFerg wrote:
ccw9mm wrote:
Re: Car pooling.

I can offer up a VW Passat sedan that can carry four (including driver), if we'd head to a gathering in Salem or Eugene. Chip in a buck or two for gas, and we can share the load.

$$$$$$$$$$$

ferrari-599-gtb-chrome.jpg
LOL, I WISH my car got mileage as good as that one! Luckily I have the maxima for daily driving type stuff.

100 miles for the maxima is ~4-5 gallons, so like ccw9mm said, 16-20 bucks. A few bucks each person works out just about right.

CharlesAFerg

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
imported post

My 5er, 15MPG.
Hell, I wouldn't just charge for gas - I'd charge for the gas, the drive to get the gas, as well as the wear and tear. People just don't realize how much their spending on their own car - that barely even covers the expenses.

ccw9mm

imported post

CharlesAFerg wrote:
My 5er, 15MPG.
Hell, I wouldn't just charge for gas - I'd charge for the gas, the drive to get the gas, as well as the wear and tear. People just don't realize how much their spending on their own car - that barely even covers the expenses.
You're right.

In my previous car over 6yrs, total costs to run worked out to be $0.25/mi. In my current car, which gets about half the mileage but should have roughly the same other costs over the same period, total costs should work out to be $0.38/mi. That works out to $42 estimated for the round trip. That's nearly $11/person, plus driving around to find each person's house, plus ... Gee, thanks, Charles!

GlockPDX

imported post

Got my CHL in the mail yesterday from Clackamas County. Only took 18 days from when I applied. Hopefully will make it to the next meet if I'm not working.

Cremator75

imported post

Keane wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
Keane wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
vulcan.jpg

100 miles ÷ 45 mpg = 2.22 gallons ÷ 2 people = 1.11 gallons each x $3.89 = $4.32 per person. About the same as a car.

Mine has A/C ;)
Uh, mine to.
The motorcycle has air conditioning? How does that work?
The air rushes over the sweat beads on my skin, thus cooling it. ;)

DenWin

imported post

Hey every one, new here, and I'm interested in these open carry events. If any one plans any thing some time between 21 Dec - 15 Jan, preferably in the Portlandmetro area but exceptions can be made,I'd be glad to come as that is when I'll be in town next as long as leave dates don't change (yep, I'm a US Army guy :celebrate). Any way, hope to learn from this forum and I hope I have something to add once in a while