Thread: Working with law enforcement as a community

, ,

Post imported post

Hey everyone. Besides this online community I am also a member of students for concealed carry on campus. While watching the conference one of the speakers spoke of the continued advancement of second-amendment rights. He mentioned that eliminating gun free zones such as the ones at college universities would be the next advancement in the gun rights movement.

The speaker mentioned that besides expanding on the right back to it's original intent, we should also move towards making partnerships with the police community through volunteering as reserve officers, etc. I'm going to be visiting my local state police station to introduce myself, and letting them know that there are citizens that would like to work with the police to advance mutual respect with citizens and the police community.

I don't know how I will be able to volunteer but I want to give more to this community here in KY. I think that would be a great way that the OC community can work with police officers in a positive manner.

Mulligan's Valley

Post imported post

Here in Arizona, and the other gold star states, and in many if not most parts of the other states, the cops have an understanding of the fact that while we might not exactly be their friends, we are not their enemies, and just like them, non cop gun owners support the common good.

While I certainly won't discourage anyone from being a volunteer cop, because it's a great way to help your community if you feel the urge, I don't think it has the potential to further our cause broadly. The thing is, we are their partners in supporting peace, because us gun owners are ready to protect ourselves and others if a violent criminal should attack us or others. If they can't understand that as it stands now, I doubt that joining them since we can't beat it into them will help.

Don't get me wrong, it might help in a few really anti gun departments, if some of us were to volunteer, gain their respect, then tell it like it is, but for the most part, I just don't see it.
    The most important lesson I have learned from my time in the freedom movement and further studying it is that trying to create an organization without preventing the issues caused by narcissistic sociopaths and democracy is a lot like heading to sea in a sieve. It'll never work.

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Who are the Leviathan's cutting-edge in separating people from freedom?

Campaign Veteran
    , Illinois, USA

Post imported post

cops are not the answer to restoring our 2A rights. while there are some who are on our side in this, far more just do not care. relying on others to take back our rights won't work.