• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Experience Counts

Shy_Panda

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Sadly we no longer have the lesser of two evils to choose from. Just two sh!tty choices. Unless you're like me and going to throw away your vote on Bob Barr. If anything I only feel decent about trying to re-elect Dino Rossi.
Re-elect? His election victory was ripped right out of his hands last time... You are aware our current Governor is Gregoire right?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Sadly we no longer have the lesser of two evils to choose from. Just two sh!tty choices. Unless you're like me and going to throw away your vote on Bob Barr. If anything I only feel decent about trying to re-elect Dino Rossi.
Re-elect? His election victory was ripped right out of his hands last time... You are aware our current Governor is Gregoire right?
Yeah, re-elect. Rossi legally won the last election. The illegal votes the judge allowed to be counted, even after he saidat the start of the trial should not count, because the judge violated the law in favor of his political party choice.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dukester wrote:
No, let's just say that I am not in the "Insane Camp". Really super tired of 8 years worth of lies!
Oh suck it up and get over it. I survived 8 years of that lying jerk-off who waved his pecker, er finger, at 300 million Americans and said, "I did not have relations with that woman, Monica Lewdinsky" and then a few months later pointed his pecker, er finger, at himself and said, "OOhhh, I am so busted. I got caught. I did something I should have hidden better with a not all that hot chick and boy am I embarrassed I got caught lyin' to all y'all." We had to deal with a known liar so you can certainly deal with a suspected liar. And no woman has ever accused GW of raping her and then lying about that.

So if you want to whine about being lied to, after I see 3-4 pages about the un-deniable fact that that numb-nut Clinton is a lying POS, then I'll entertain a discussion about your being tired of the possibility that you were lied to by this administration. But I have had Clintons lying to me for 16 years and your 8 years of frustration pale in comparison.

*and this from someone who disagrees with much of GW Bush's administration*

Shy_Panda

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yeah, re-elect. Rossi legally won the last election. The illegal votes the judge allowed to be counted, even after he saidat the start of the trial should not count, because the judge violated the law in favor of his political party choice.

Have you guys heard about the Dino Rossi signs on the east side of the state? At the bottom of the Sign instead of saying For Governor and the web site and all that it says "Don't Let Seattle Steal This Election"

How awesome is that. And I am aware that west side judges think that dead fellons are allowed to vote. Dirty Hippies.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Oh suck it up and get over it. I survived 8 years of that lying jerk-off who waved his pecker, er finger, at 300 million Americans and said, "I did not have relations with that woman, Monica Lewdinsky" and then a few months later pointed his pecker, er finger, at himself and said, "OOhhh, I am so busted. I got caught. I did something I should have hidden better with a not all that hot chick and boy am I embarrassed I got caught lyin' to all y'all." We had to deal with a known liar so you can certainly deal with a suspected liar. And no woman has ever accused GW of raping her and then lying about that.

So if you want to whine about being lied to, after I see 3-4 pages about the un-deniable fact that that numb-nut Clinton is a lying POS, then I'll entertain a discussion about your being tired of the possibility that you were lied to by this administration. But I have had Clintons lying to me for 16 years and your 8 years of frustration pale in comparison.

*and this from someone who disagrees with much of GW Bush's administration*

No, it's cool, President Clinton misunderstood what the question was because "It depends on what the defention of the word IS is."...

WTF!?!?! I am no longer a fan of the current President Bush but at least he didn't start this whole mess, if Clinton had been able to keep it in his pants long enough to take the time and actually DEAL with the Somolia issue then Rawanda wouldn't have happened and the third world wouldn't have figured out so easily that the best way to defeat our military is to defeat the public image. That's right I blame Clinton for the genocide in Rawanda, his actions in Somolia demonstrated to the Rawandan goverment that if you kill a few of the wests soldiers (in this case Belgum) then they will pull out and let you do what you wish. In essence he is also to blame for the current goings on in the Sudan and partially to blame for Iraq as well.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:

Have you guys heard about the Dino Rossi signs on the east side of the state? At the bottom of the Sign instead of saying For Governor and the web site and all that it says "Don't Let Seattle Steal This Election"

How awesome is that. And I am aware that west side judges think that dead fellons are allowed to vote. Dirty Hippies.
If you check it was an Eastside judge in Wenatchee that sold out the election to the Dems.

Slugger

imported post

I think Obama is going to end up a lot like Hitler and will lead this country even faster to the end of the tracks that we've been headed to for a long time. Be it Osama . . . sorry . . . Obama, or a lesser evil our beloved US needs to be picked up by the pants by WE THE PEOPLE.

I say throw em all out and start over. Except for the handful of leaders like Paul with some sense.

Slugger

thewise1

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Dukester wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
In truth I don't trust McCain either but at least he served his country, whichmakes him at least a comrade in arms to all veteran. Your choice can't ever say that.
Careful what you say. McCain did not support the latest GI Bill that Webb authored and Bush just recently signed into law. How do vet's receive McCain? Just kind of curious.
I said I'm not happy with McCain. But he is miles ahead of your guy. Obama thinks the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a buffet, pick and choose what you support, even though he swore to uphold and support the same Constitution when was sworn into office. It pretty much means his word is worthless. Hell, I don't like Bush all the much either but at least he didn't commit any felonies while in office like the last Dem did. The trouble is, if this is the best either party can do, then it is time to dismantle the parties because they have been taken over by extremist and have forgotten the majority ofAmericans and their middle of the road views.
So does McCain. They are both equally worthless in terms of what this country needs.

I agree that it's time to dismantle the parties, but it won't happen because folks similar to yourself are so busy saying "well at least my guy isn't as bad as your guy" - and this is true for both sides.

We republicans had our chance to choose a man who actually respects the constitution, and most chose to call him a loony instead of supporting him. Tough luck I guess.

Bear 45/70

imported post

thewise1 wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Dukester wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
In truth I don't trust McCain either but at least he served his country, whichmakes him at least a comrade in arms to all veteran. Your choice can't ever say that.
Careful what you say. McCain did not support the latest GI Bill that Webb authored and Bush just recently signed into law. How do vet's receive McCain? Just kind of curious.
I said I'm not happy with McCain. But he is miles ahead of your guy. Obama thinks the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a buffet, pick and choose what you support, even though he swore to uphold and support the same Constitution when was sworn into office. It pretty much means his word is worthless. Hell, I don't like Bush all the much either but at least he didn't commit any felonies while in office like the last Dem did. The trouble is, if this is the best either party can do, then it is time to dismantle the parties because they have been taken over by extremist and have forgotten the majority ofAmericans and their middle of the road views.
So does McCain. They are both equally worthless in terms of what this country needs.

I agree that it's time to dismantle the parties, but it won't happen because folks similar to yourself are so busy saying "well at least my guy isn't as bad as your guy" - and this is true for both sides.

We republicans had our chance to choose a man who actually respects the constitution, and most chose to call him a loony instead of supporting him. Tough luck I guess.
Am I suppose to disagree with you? FYI, by the time Washington State did their primary, the issue was already decided by others at least for the Republicans, so once again my vote didn't count. Why are we not doing a straight, the most votes gets the job primary and election rather than this party controlled crap we have for a president now? We surely don't do this crap for any other elected official, Federal or State or anywhere. A straight 1 vote system might just give me back the feeling that I actually had a choice for the President instead of this crap in place now.

thewise1

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Am I suppose to disagree with you? FYI, by the time Washington State did their primary, the issue was already decided by others at least for the Republicans, so once again my vote didn't count. Why are we not doing a straight, the most votes gets the job primary and election rather than this party controlled crap we have for a president now? We surely don't do this crap for any other elected official, Federal or State or anywhere. A straight 1 vote system might just give me back the feeling that I actually had a choice for the President instead of this crap in place now.
Haha. Don't even get me started on our horribly retarded primary system that basically ends third parties in Washington state. :(

Johnny Law

imported post

[align=center]-Just received this via email-

Addressing Gregoire's $2.7 Billion Deficit, Part I]
[/align]

[align=center]Rossi Proposes Constitutional Amendment to Reinstate Spending Limits[/align]

[align=center][/align]
Redmond, WA – According to the non-partisan Senate Ways and Means Committee staff, our state is facing a projected $2.7 billion deficit in the next biennium. Since Christine Gregoire took office, state spending has increased by 33 percent. During this time, the spending growth rate has been two and a half times greater than the revenue growth rate.

The first step in addressing the deficit is to rein in out-of-control spending. As governor, Dino Rossi will propose a Constitutional Amendment to reinstate spending limits for the General Fund and Near General Fund. In 1993 voters approved I-601 that placed annual spending limits on state general fund expenditures tied to inflation and state population growth. Unfortunately I-601 has been circumvented by the legislature and little is left of its original taxpayer protections.

"The first thing everyone needs to understand about the deficit is that we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. No one should feel guilty that they are not sending enough money to Olympia – the problem is that Governor Gregoire and the legislators have spent it at an unsustainable rate," said Dino Rossi. "In order to stop the bleeding and get our state on a fiscally sustainable path, we must bring our spending back in line with recurring revenue growth. The people have shown support for spending limits and a Constitutional Amendment would keep out-of-control government spending in check. The fact is, if I-601 were still in place our state would not be facing a multi-billion dollar budget deficit."

Facts on state spending under Governor Gregoire:

· Overspending is the cause of the deficit. In January, the state projected revenue of $31.984 billion for the current biennium (reduced to $29.402 billion in June 2008 forecast). However, Governor Gregoire and the legislator added new policy expenditures that brought spending to a total of $32.753 billion. Had they exercised some fiscal restraint with the current budget and brought spending in line with revenue, we wouldn't be facing such a large deficit.

· Revenue will continue to increase in the next biennium. Despite a slowing economy, state revenue is still expected to increase by 8 percent in the next biennium. That means that the state will have more money to spend next year, but we have outspent it by $2.7 billion dollars.

· Had spending limits been kept in place, our state would not be facing a future deficit. The chart below shows how spending has far outpaced growth in population and inflation.

[align=center][/align]
Source: LEAP; Economic Revenue Forecast Council Report]

[align=center][/align]
In 2003, Dino Rossi as chairman of the Senate Ways and Means Committee worked with Democratic Governor Gary Locke, with bipartisan support in the legislature, to write a fiscally responsible budget that balanced the largest dollar deficit in state history without raising taxes while still protecting the most vulnerable. This was done by going through the budget line-by-line, making thousands of decisions. This is the same approach Dino Rossi will take as governor to help solve Gregoire's $2.7 billion deficit.

[align=center]# # #

[/align]