• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many Stops are being investigated ?

Triple Tap

imported post

Was curious as to how many stops by LEO are currently under investigation by OC members here in Washington? Ones that we arent getting any follow-up information about? Can we start a listing, with no interjecting opinons on the cases please?

Mainsail - Seatac Airport
Agent47 - Everett Library
Jarhead1055 - Puyallup PD
Kenshin - Outside his House
Kenshin - Paramedics called PD

Trigger Dr

imported post

For what it is worth, and that is probably not much, In my humble opinion, the less these things are discussed in an open forum the better and quicker they will be adjudicated.

Why do you think an attorney advises his client to NOT SPEAK about the case? Is it possible that the speculation, name calling, dreams of court provided wealth and any other number of things could color the thought processes of the people involved? I refer to the prosecutor, police officers, jury members ( Yeah I know, they are supposed to be uninformed as to an opinion when selected for jury duty. fat chance on that)

Think about it. If you were the victim in one of these cases, what would you want aired out for all to see?

Triple Tap

imported post

I am not asking for information regarding these cases, what I see are a lot of cases that everyone says " send it to the attorney". I never have seen one closed case either way. Also wondering how many cases we have outstanding.

computerizedfish

imported post

I agree with you Trigger Dr, I dont want to see all the speculation generated in the other threads and I wouldnt want our discussions to affect other members.

But... I also agree with Triple Tap because there is the initial hype when someone posts about an arrest or bad LEO encounter and then we are left to wonder. I was just thinking about this the other day and a list of the pending situations would keep us all informed. We dont need that much information, just a name, location, and whether it is settled or pending. If anyone really cares, they can find the information by searching the forum.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
I am not asking for information regarding these cases, what I see are a lot of cases that everyone says " send it to the attorney". I never have seen one closed case either way. Also wondering how many cases we have outstanding.
Danbus recently had a matter closed obtaining an undisclosed settlement. I think the thread is in the VA forum. And there are other lawsuits pending, I believe 2 in PA.

just_a_car

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
Danbus recently had a matter closed obtaining an undisclosed settlement. I think the thread is in the VA forum. And there are other lawsuits pending, I believe 2 in PA.
I'm sure that's appreciated deepdiver, but the OP specified "in Washington" since this is the WA forum.

kenshin

imported post

Sorry, I've kinda let this one slack a little. I've been so tired up at work recently everything is closed by the time I get off. I did file an information request and they finally got back to me with the documents a month and a half later, which I know is much longer then they were supposed to take. Now, I've just got to take the time off work to go pick them up.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
I'm sure that's appreciated deepdiver, but the OP specified "in Washington" since this is the WA forum.
Oh crap, my bad, sorry :(

Trigger Dr

imported post

I also agree that it would be nice to know the BASIC information re pending / closed cases. Unfortunately someone always has to interject their speculation. If we do get a roster of cases, I would hope the moderators would delete any and all speculative comments. Some of you are going to call this a restriction on speech, and I would agree, but it is also counter productive to the satisfactory resolution of the case. Which is more important?

computerizedfish

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I also agree that it would be nice to know the BASIC information re pending / closed cases. Unfortunately someone always has to interject their speculation. If we do get a roster of cases, I would hope the moderators would delete any and all speculative comments. Some of you are going to call this a restriction on speech, and I would agree, but it is also counter productive to the satisfactory resolution of the case. Which is more important?
I agree. If the thread spirals out of control, then it should be locked and forgotten about. No point in endangering members. But, I think we should give it a try.