• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Church meeting at a High School

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Just a point of clarification - The section of the Code reads "a person who has a valid concealed handgun permit and possesses a concealed handgun while in a motor vehicle in a parking lot, traffic circle, or other means of vehicular ingress or egress to the school. - to be exempt, you have to have a concealed permit and keepthe handgun concealed.i.e. - it must remain concealed.
And, you must remain in your vehicle:banghead::banghead::banghead:

matt605

imported post

"a person who has a valid concealed handgun permit and possesses a concealed handgun while in a motor vehicle in a parking lot, traffic circle, or other means of vehicular ingress or egress to the school."

Yes, it is a strange and complex exemption.My thought has always been that the complexity of the laws acheive the goal of destroying the citizen's right because people become unsure of what their rights are and then they are intimidated into not using their rights when they should.

For example, a Muslim who might want to wear a gun to prayers on any given day could be found in violation of the Virginia law that prohibits carrying a weapon to a place of worship, except for a good reason. Well, his reason may be that he had a nightmare of being attacked for being a Muslim or by another Muslim. If he were arrested at his mosque then he would become embroiled in a confusing, expensive,and stressful process where the outcome would likely hinge upon the mood of a localjudge. The complexity and confusion of the restrictions and conditions on the Muslim's2nd Amendment right prevents him from using it in a situation where it is completely valid that he should.

Laws becometoo complex for the average citizen to understand, and the penalties are very harsh due to gun hysteria. So the public's 2nd Amendment right is removed through fear and intimidation.