• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An open apology

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have been advised several times by those that do not know the law but should that it is illegal to drink alchohol while carrying a weapon (forget that I do not so indulge) and that "Guns and alcohol do not mix!" Misinformed Pros are at least as bad as Antis.

Only concession that I will make to the "Guns and alcohol don't mix" arguement being somewhat correct, is that alcohol strips the lubricant from my weapon. Otherwise it does fine in an
C2H5OH rich environment.

Don't change your tag line but make mine root beer!

Yata hey

Tomahawk

imported post

Only thing I find offensive about you skidmark is your username...

In any case, I once dipped my gun in my bourbon and, upon tasting the bourbon, I can confirm that guns and alcohol are indeed a poor mix. Especially if you use CLP.

And remember, caving in to oversensitive people is enabling political correctness. Hell with them.

RedKnightt

imported post

ed wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Only thing I find offensive about you skidmark is your username...
+1 (Hopefully it is from a "tire")
It's my understanding that the "skidmark" handle is not a reference to anything you need to pretreat before putting in the washing machine, but refers to the fact that he tends to speak to people in such a manner as to cause them to stop short, thus leaving skidmarks on the floor.

--RedKnight--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Bullbuster

imported post

Skid your apology is excepted but not for the tag line. Its for the things that you haven't said yet that won't offend me but others.

I too like many on here have gotten that wonderful PM in relation to a comment or joke that wasn't taken as it was meant. I just respond with thanks and carry on in most cases. Keep up your sense of humor as this board is laking it by some.

So I say lock the sidearm up for the night and have a cold one on the couch. Hell have one for me I at work right now.

mobeewan

imported post

I find when I go shooting there are 3 things that make me happy. Good whiskey,a fine cigar and a warm muzzle. :shock:

KBCraig

imported post

I never even noticed the line; that's how inoffensive it was to me.

Anyone who took it seriously should not be taken seriously themselves.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Skidmark, your tagline didn't offend me and I doubt it offended anyone here.

What does concern me is the recent wave of poison PM's that degenerate to the point of criticizing taglines in self defense.

We are all stubborn and opinionated people by nature here. Often, legal discussions get out of hand because there is no complete answer. I come from a family of lawyers and married into a family of lawyers and a Judge. I can tell you from long, painful experience, that no two of them ever agree on case law.

Some of the information here comes from training and actual experience and by experience I mean the way it actually is in court as opposed to the way it is supposed to be. That should be paid attention to.

Much of the information is the result of exhaustive research such as the information you give. It is generally very good and should be paid attention to.

In the end, everyone has to do THEIR OWN research for themselves.

But to let disagreements degrade to petit name calling and trivial accusations in PM's...weakens this group...and yes, it generally is a two party argument.

I hate this expression but it seems to fit, why can't we agree to disagree....and skip the private bickering?

This is a trend I hope we can break!

Andd in case anyone is wondering, NO, I have never gotten an email from Skidmark that was anything but gentlemanly and polite..I am talking about trends I see forming.

Infidel

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Someone has pointed out that I am guilty of presenting a poor image of OC-ers and of firearms owners in general. I have taken the time to ponder their message, and realize that there is great truth in what they have said to me.

I have been in the habit of closing my welcomes to new posters and posters who report their maiden OC event with what I had previously considered to be a joke. I colsed with "Newbie buys the beer and ammo."

That does not present a good image of the OC community, because someone may get the impression that we OC-ers sit around drinking while we are armed.

I was also chastized because someone might get the impression that I am too cheap to buy my own ammo, and am soliciting only on my own behalf for some newbie to cover my shooting expenses, or some part of those expenses.

That does not present a good impression of me, and if I were soliciting on behalf of the membership of OCDO it would not present a good impression of the group.

Therefore, I resolve to no longer use that "tag line."

I'm not going to go back and read all my previous posts and edit it out where I have previously used it. I'm just not going to use it any more.

If I have in any way harmed the image of the OC community, of the members of OCDO, or of firearms owners in general, I most humbly apologize.

stay safe.

skidmark

Skidmark, I'm Newbie here and I never found any offense to it. In fact I found it very comical and like in the military, just a little razz to see who is that gull-able.

I loved/love sending newbies out for 100 yards of "flight line", or for a bucket of "rotor wash"; (avaition referances).

VAopencarry

imported post

This is bloody ridiculous! I can't believe anyone with a half a brain could think your tag line was serious. Mods can you move this thread to PCNannystater.com