• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opinions about "Private Business"

LovesHisXD45

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Here is my feelings about Wal-Mart

I have tried several times to get the policy in writing It's Corprate that will not give me any policy on firearms at Wal-Mart I have spent 2 Months total trying to get a response from Rolando Rodrigez The regional VP. He will not take the time to respond back to me about my question spent several hours a week trying to get a clear answer nothing from Corprate.

My other concern is Wal-Mart Accepts federal and state assistance from the goverment. Ie Food Stamps WIC and other forurm of assistance from the goverment. Also Wal-Mart Has no membership or entry requirements to enter not a secured area by any means. They have never posted any sign to prohibit firearms.

Wal-Mart sells Rifle's, Federal and state fishing and hunting license's. They are subject to all state and federal laws where a private residence does not have Like OSHA State Fire Marshalls and building code.

So how is this definded as private property when it is open 24 Hrs a day to everyone who wants to enter through the doors of Wal-Mart Maybe some of these issues need to be brought up to the State Legislature.

I would be happy to comply to Wal-Marts Written Policy on firearms from a coperate level which has never been done before so anyone who would like to comment feel free again these are just my thoughts and feelings

Those are some very good points. I personally believe Wal-Mart is being very evasive on this issue because of Public Relations concerns. They are probably afraid that if they adopt an OC and/or CC policy in favor of guns there, that the sheeple might get upset and start problems. The last thing they want to do is disrupt their customer base. Let's face it, the sheeple outnumber us. Wal-Mart will probably play by the numbers. :(

Kevin

ne1

imported post

Here's a question for you in regards to property rights:

Who really owns corporate property? If I am a stockholder in a public corporation, should I not have more rights than the wage earner greeting me at the door? Chances are the wage earner owns very little stock, if any, yet he supposedly has the right to tell me to check my rights at the door of a business that is open to the general public?

scorpioajr

imported post

ne1 wrote:

Who really owns corporate property? If I am a stockholder in a public corporation, should I not have more rights than the wage earner greeting me at the door? Chances are the wage earner owns very little stock, if any, yet he supposedly has the right to tell me to check my rights at the door of a business that is open to the general public?
now THERES a point.

Consider that it is $60.00 (ish) a share right now. if everyone just bought 1 share, you would REALLY have an interesting argument when it came down to getting thrown out of a location.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ne1 wrote:

That is also a very good question that has a lot of merit. As a stockholder, it would be a good thing to bring up at the next stockholders' convention or meeting for that particular corporation. Contacting the board of directors about such a matter would also be a good idea to get their input on the subject.

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
ne1 wrote:

now THERES a point.

Consider that it is $60.00 (ish) a share right now. if everyone just bought 1 share, you would REALLY have an interesting argument when it came down to getting thrown out of a location.
Lets be honest, is this a hypothetical questions to help us think because you own a business? Or is this just making a counterpoint because you dont like the way it is?...
Its an obvious ploy to gain some ground with proverty rights VS. 2A rights. Clearley, If one is part-owner in a company: It is reasonable to assume that it may make a difference.

"At each annual meeting, Wal-Mart and its shareholders propose changes they'd like to see the company make to its policies and procedures."-http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/05/31/news/060108azwmsharehldermtg.txt

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
"At each annual meeting, Wal-Mart and its shareholders propose changes they'd like to see the company make to its policies and procedures."-http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/05/31/news/060108azwmsharehldermtg.txt
Still broken link, but of course they do. All big businesses do. They send you a notice that your .004% stock in their company is important and invite you to share comments.But in all honesty, if you at your .004% say something and the other guy opposes you and has 16.4% stock in company, guess who will most likely get their way? They tell you everyone has a voice, and its true, but whether or not its LISTENED to is under debate. Follow the money trail, EVERTHING in life is fueled by it. GUARANTEE if the NRA found a way to give Walmart 2 billion dollars, this @#$% would change real quick. I would bet my .004% stockon it!:p
Okay, but right now, now one is saying ANYTHING. That was my point. No one is advocating. lets do it. No?

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Still broken link, but of course they do. All big businesses do. They send you a notice that your .004% stock in their company is important and invite you to share comments.But in all honesty, if you at your .004% say something and the other guy opposes you and has 16.4% stock in company, guess who will most likely get their way? They tell you everyone has a voice, and its true, but whether or not its LISTENED to is under debate. Follow the money trail, EVERTHING in life is fueled by it. GUARANTEE if the NRA found a way to give Walmart 2 billion dollars, this @#$% would change real quick. I would bet my .004% stockon it!:p
Okay, but right now, now one is saying ANYTHING. That was my point. No one is advocating. lets do it. No?
Word, draft it up and I will sign it.
I guess thats the cycle. It is up to Joe-Shmoe to get it done. No one is advocating for us. And hey, ya, id love to be the one to do it: but i got my own average-kind-of-guy issues ya know. Like getting my truck to run so i can get to work and pay my bills, etc. I am not a lobbyist. but someone is, yet not for us.

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Word, draft it up and I will sign it.
Quit playin' with my fragile sense of "fixin' it"

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

Quit playin' with my fragile sense of "fixin' it"
Well I would draft it up, but I dont think I have enough handle on the law to make it presentable. Also, I dont think it would be in complete harmony with everything everyone on here would want.
Collaboration is a recursive process where two or more people work together toward an intersection of common goals — for example, an intellectual endeavor[1][/sup] [2][/sup] that is creative in nature[3][/sup]—by sharing knowledge, learning and building consensus.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
ne1 wrote:

now THERES a point.

Lets be honest, is this a hypothetical questions to help us think because you own a business? Or is this just making a counterpoint because you dont like the way it is? If you are a stock holder, you technically own part of the COMPANY, not necessarily any one BUILDING. When tax time comes around, do you pay ANY of the property taxes? That is not expected. The person on the title to any one building is technically the one to make the decisions, although ona business its usually in the business name, so at that point it is whoever the appointed officer is, usually as given by the CEO. That person is then given jurisdiction to make whatever rules he deems fit, at the guidance of the CEO. Ifthehead honcho doesnt like he, HE ultimatelycan make a final decision(which is very dumbed down honestly, as you have shareholder meetings andother contributors who always need to be catered to, itsnot really this simple, but its close) Now if you owned a substantially large amount of the company and got thrown out, I bet that would piss off the CEO. He may make EXCEPTIONS for you, but YOU dont get to make that decision, you as a shareholder are not the owner. Unless you own 51% of the stock, youre not the rule maker, youre still just a little piece of the cog wheel of business.(search hostile takeover) Just like my son could ask for cable TV to come in and install in my house, at my discretion, but if I didnt want it there it legally couldnt be done. Like most things in life, we are not as big and important in the big scheme of things as our minds would like to think.

He has a point. I can't argue with this.

Kevin

ne1

imported post

"Unless you own 51% of the stock, youre not the rule maker, youre still just a little piece of the cog wheel"

So, what you are saying is that thereare no individual rights. Pure democracy. The majority of wolves will always decide which sheep to have for dinner. Mr. and Mrs. America, you might as well turn all your guns in now.