Thread: Lynchburg is fantastic with CHPs

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I submitted my CHP paperwork at 11 AM on the 28th of July and received a call that I could pick it up at 1 PM on August 8th. Just picked it up today.

12 Day turnaround time! :celebrate

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yup I was impressed. Lynchburg wasn't quite as fast as the State of Arizona, which had mine submitted and then received in less than two weeks. Lynchburg folk were also friendly to deal with.

Post imported post

I hope Nelson is that quick..

Post imported post

Bedford County was under five days!!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Its nice to see that some jurisdictions follow the program.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    I submitted my CHP paperwork at 11 AM on the 28th of July and received a call that I could pick it up at 1 PM on August 8th. Just picked it up today.

12 Day turnaround time! :celebrate
    When I did mine a few years ago, it took 20 days in PWC. Not as good as 12, but way better than waiting the full 45.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I was hoping for some kind of record after reading how Fairfax is about this stuff. But apparently Bedford County is even more bored than Lynchburg.

Post imported post

13 Days in Spotsylvania... very nice folks also

Post imported post

I'll be dropping off my Roanoke County forms tomorrow...

Hopefully I'll have good luck, too.

Post imported post

13 days in Loudoun County for my renewal 2 years ago.

Post imported post

12 calendar days for me- 8 working days in the Burg.

Only problem was that I had to make the call inquiring about the status. It was ready a few days before I called, but was not contacted.

Can't complain too much

Post imported post

NC, law says sheriff can take up to 90 days:
    My county averages 40-60, and I couldn't get an appointment till Oct. 3rd, because they were booked through Sept. Apparently everyone wants a CHP in Charlotte.

Post imported post

one week, or approx 5 business days in Loudoun county when i lived in that @#$%hole... err, there.

Post imported post

Not to hijack but anyone know what Fairfax averages? I know one or two people who will be turning their papers in soon, just curious myself

Post imported post

Quick question. I put my paperwork in in Nelson for my CHP and I am waiting to get it. After I get it, if I move to another county in Virginia is my CHP still valid and do I have to apply again in the county I move to or do I just reapply when my 5 years are up?

Post imported post

W1MSR wrote:
    Quick question. I put my paperwork in in Nelson for my CHP and I am waiting to get it. After I get it, if I move to another county in Virginia is my CHP still valid and do I have to apply again in the county I move to or do I just reapply when my 5 years are up?
    After you get your permit you are not required to get a new one if you change your address...you can get a new one if you want to but you have to pay a fee.

Post imported post

I got mine in Fairfax in May 2008.

It took about 35 days from application to permit delivery.

Do not forget the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, cause they mail them to you which is sweet. No having to go back to the court house to pick up your permit.

Good Luck

Paul

Post imported post

They take there time in Faquier county . Or mite have been alot of people getting theirs. When I went to pick mine up i saw a 2 inch stack of CHP's waiting to get picked up.

Post imported post

Thank You. I thought that was the case.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

sportwinger wrote:
    They take there time in Faquier county . Or mite have been alot of people getting theirs. When I went to pick mine up i saw a 2 inch stack of CHP's waiting to get picked up.
    Fauquier County also has been known to demand that applicants produce a driver's license - don;t let them get away with that - show up with your application already notarized and just handd it in - no ID is required to apply for a CHP - if you provide a DL, they are going to copy it and put it in your CHP file, a public record for all to see, copy, and put on the Internet.

Post imported post

When I got mine in PWC four years ago, the clerk said the judge always waited until the end of the month and signed them all on that one day. How quickly you got yours back depended on how early or late in the month you turned yours in.

Post imported post

City of Richmond. Questioned clerk about 45 day rule. She was unaware of it, but checked with someone and said "Sir you are correct, but I have never had that problem, we usually give you a response in 2-3 weeks. I think it was between 14 and 21 days when I received a mailed response instructing to come back down and pick it up. No fingerprints in the City. I did give SS cause I wanted no probs, despite having read it was optional. Have noticed others have not given it out. Which thread discusses that issue best anyone?
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

asforme when you turned in your CHP application in Lynchburg were you also required to get fingerprinted? I did my CHP application all by mail and sent no finger prints to Lynchburg, but in the letter provided along with my CHP I think I mentioned that my prints had been taken for the AZ CCW so I don't know if they required them or not.

Post imported post

Slightly off-topic but still related...I sent off my application to Maine last thursday...they have a max. of 60 days and they are shall issue. We'll see how long it takes just to compare (though apples to oranges...non-res permits are handled by the State Police)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

jmelvin wrote:
    asforme when you turned in your CHP application in Lynchburg were you also required to get fingerprinted? I did my CHP application all by mail and sent no finger prints to Lynchburg, but in the letter provided along with my CHP I think I mentioned that my prints had been taken for the AZ CCW so I don't know if they required them or not.
    Sorry for taking so long, classes have started up and calculus is eating up most of my free time.

Anyway, no Fingerprints in Lynchburg, you should be just fine.