• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg is fantastic with CHPs

promizkeeper

imported post

When I got mine in PWC four years ago, the clerk said the judge always waited until the end of the month and signed them all on that one day. How quickly you got yours back depended on how early or late in the month you turned yours in.

riverrat10k

imported post

City of Richmond. Questioned clerk about 45 day rule. She was unaware of it, but checked with someone and said "Sir you are correct, but I have never had that problem, we usually give you a response in 2-3 weeks. I think it was between 14 and 21 days when I received a mailed response instructing to come back down and pick it up. No fingerprints in the City. I did give SS cause I wanted no probs, despite having read it was optional. Have noticed others have not given it out. Which thread discusses that issue best anyone?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

asforme when you turned in your CHP application in Lynchburg were you also required to get fingerprinted? I did my CHP application all by mail and sent no finger prints to Lynchburg, but in the letter provided along with my CHP I think I mentioned that my prints had been taken for the AZ CCW so I don't know if they required them or not.

nova

imported post

Slightly off-topic but still related...I sent off my application to Maine last thursday...they have a max. of 60 days and they are shall issue. We'll see how long it takes just to compare (though apples to oranges...non-res permits are handled by the State Police)

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
asforme when you turned in your CHP application in Lynchburg were you also required to get fingerprinted? I did my CHP application all by mail and sent no finger prints to Lynchburg, but in the letter provided along with my CHP I think I mentioned that my prints had been taken for the AZ CCW so I don't know if they required them or not.
Sorry for taking so long, classes have started up and calculus is eating up most of my free time.

Anyway, no Fingerprints in Lynchburg, you should be just fine.