• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ICarry.org Starts Gun Owners Fellowship

SAK

imported post

From ICarry.org:

ICarry.org has launched one of its newest initiatives to support gun owners and the lawful exercise of gun rights. The Gun Owners Fellowship is a private group of nationwide responsible, law-abiding gun owners -- with open application beginning this week -- who commit to one another in the event of unlawful arrest and illegal prosecution.

It's no secret among gun owners that they are particularly susceptible to wrongful arrest and prosecution, simply for exercising their rights to own and carry firearms in accordance with the law. Arrest and prosecution – and most importantly the financial consequences associated with ensuring a proper legal defense – are used as a political weapon by anti-rights individuals in positions of power.

ICarry.org founder Shaun Kranish knows this well, after being charged with a felony for having a valid Illinois Firearms Owner Identification Card, and carrying an unloaded pistol in a container precisely as Illinois law prescribes. He even carried a letter from his attorney containing the actual law!! That didn’t stop anti-rights politicians in the courts from taking the original misdemeanor charges and upping them to felony charges. These charges were eventually dismissed, after over a year and tens of thousands of dollars later.

ICarry.org also receives regular contact from people in Illinois and even outside of Illinois who have encountered similar mistreatment by law enforcement and the courts. Lives of law-abiding gun owners are being tragically uprooted each and every day. We’re not talking about criminals – we’re talking about upstanding, law-abiding citizens here!!!

The Gun Owners Fellowship seeks to even the playing field by removing this financial threat and the life-changing consequences that can come with it. By sticking together, gun owners take away this burden, have a little peace of mind, and freely and more securely exercise some of their most important rights.

For more information and to apply when registration opens, please visit:
http://www.ICarry.org and click on Gun Owners Fellowship on the left. We hope you might consider joining us :)

SAK

imported post

Membership application is OPEN OFFICIALLY RIGHT NOW.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info:

Dear Gun Owners Fellowship Soon-to-be-Members,

I’ve updated the GOF web page at: http://www.ICarry.org/modules.php?name=Fellowship. There is a link at the bottom, a button that says Buy Now. The price is $29.99 for lifetime membership. This is an introductory price that will soon go up to $49.99.

$10 per membership will be donated to Chris Morley’s defense fund. Chris Morley is a handicapped man who lives in Chicago and has carried a pistol for nearly a decade. Chris has always followed the law, having a valid FOID card, and carrying his pistol unloaded in a case. His pistol has prevented him from being attacked at least three times. Recently, his employer searched his personal belongings, found his pistol, and had him arrested. Then he was fired. Needless to say, Chris is in a jam right now. He’s currently charged with a misdemeanor but it will most likely be upped to a felony just like what happened with yours truly. He's being represented by Walter Maksym, the veteran Constitutional attorney from Chicago who represented John Horstman, Roderick Pritchett, and yours truly in similar cases and won.

Chris has been active in the gun rights movement for many years. He was one of the original people in the group that worked with John Birch to try to push for concealed carry in Illinois. He’s been behind the cause, so now the Gun Owners Fellowship is making a small sacrifice to help him. Helping people is our mission, so with the first dollar that we collect we will stand true to this mission.

I will mail you the paperwork after you register online and provide payment. I can also send you the paperwork electronically if you prefer. You can print it out yourself and mail it in. If you have any questions please let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them. Thanks for your interest and welcome to the fellowship!!!

Take care and be safe,

Shaun A. Kranish
Founder, ICarry.org and the Gun Owners Fellowship

PS -- I just posted a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the GOF. Check it out here: http://www.icarry.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=4&categories=Gun+Owners+Fellowship

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform everyone that there have been more arrests of law-abiding gun owners in Illinois the past two months.

One victim (a law-abiding GOOD GUY) is a handicapped man from Chicago. Chris Morley has cerebral palsy, walks with a cane, and has carried his unloaded pistol in a case for nearly a decade. He has used it to prevent at least 3 violent attacks. However, when he wasn't feeling well at work one day, his employer went through his personal belongings, found the pistol, and called the police. Morley is now being prosecuted as a criminal for owning and carrying a pistol ACCORDING TO ILLINOIS STATE LAW.

Another victim gun-owner shall remain nameless, but the young woman and Iraq war veteran was arrested on her way to a shooting range up in Wisconsin. She didn't quite make it over the border and she was pulled over, harassed, searched without cause, and then subsequently arrested for having an unloaded pistol in a case at the bottom of a bunch of junk in her rear storage area.

I get these calls on nearly a monthly basis. Calls, emails, and even one instant message. I'm so tired of hearing horror stories that I've decided to do something about it. Well, that and the fact that I have lived through horror stories myself and been persecuted for owning and carrying guns. Well, there's a way to put a stop to it.

The Gun Owners Fellowship is a nationwide initiative to protect gun owners by creating an effective network for fund raising. Members support one another if and only if the support is needed.

http://www.icarry.org/modules.php?name=Fellowship

LIFETIME Membership is only $29.99 right now (introductory price ends in less than 2 months). No additional fees or dues. You will never pay another dime unless someone else in the fellowship really truly needs it.

Through 12/31/08 when the $29.99 promotion ends, we will be donating $10 per membership to Chris Morley's defense fund. Chris Morley has been an active player in the gun rights movement in Illinois and he deserves the help as much as anyone else. Chris is a small guy, walks with a cane, can't run away or fight off an attacker and he deserves the right to have a way to protect himself. The fellowship is putting its money where its mouth is and lending him a hand in this tough time. Chris lost his job and has since been unable to find new work because of the arrest.

Please don't delay -- check it out, see how it works, and we know you'll like it. Join the group -- the larger the fellowship gets the more effective it becomes. Join today.

SAK

imported post

Update: We have a few dozen people now and hope (and expect) to pass the 100 mark before the end of the year. Help us make that a reality and have peace of mind when open carrying in or out of your home state :)

KBCraig

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I was wondering what became of you after the Ed Brown incident/arrest/trial.

Ed is now incommunicado at the "Communication Management Unit" in USP Marion.

Since SAK is specifically cited as one of the reasons why, I doubt he would have any luck getting on this visiting list.