Thread: open shooting areas in pinal county?

Post imported post

Hello guys,

I am going out to pinal county tomorrow to explore and was wondering where I can shoot on open land. I know that in NV any BLM land you can shoot on. Does any one know where I can go down there? I will be near florence, casa grange, eloy, and the likes.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Post imported post

Depends on where in Pinal County. A lot of the State Trust land is off limits to shooting and exploring. Need to get into the Tonto National Forest. If you have a valid hunting license you could go on State Trust land and just be hunting.

Post imported post

I found some where today. About 4 miles south of the 60, on the east side of the 79 there is a turn off called cottonwood canyon rd. once you pass the 2nd sign that says "watch for red flags" on the national guard base, you are good to go. Pcso was out there and was cool with it. Nice open spot and lots of trails for jeeps and stuff.

Post imported post

I found some where today. About 4 miles south of the 60, on the east side of the 79 there is a turn off called cottonwood canyon rd. once you pass the 2nd sign that says "watch for red flags" on the national guard base, you are good to go. Pcso was out there and was cool with it. Nice open spot and lots of trails for jeeps and stuff.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Sorry about all of that. The computer spazzed out.

Post imported post

Thanks, kas. I'm not familiar with that one, but I'll check it out next time I'm home. I used to go to the Whitlow dam overflow up by Queen Valley, but I've heard the Corps of Engineers shut that one down. I've been looking for a new spot.